The end of All About Android podcast

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
One of my favorite podcasts is ending. The All about Android podcast released their final episode on June 21. I'm sad to see it end. I know people have to move on and I'm not sure what all the reasons for them ending is. Maybe they didn't have as many listeners as they used to.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
One of my favorite podcasts is ending. The All about Android podcast released their final episode on June 21. I'm sad to see it end. I know people have to move on and I'm not sure what all the reasons for them ending is. Maybe they didn't have as many listeners as they used to.
I used to listen to that podcast years ago and had no idea that it was still around until now. I stopped listening to the TWiTTV podcasts when they discontinued their app. All About Android and Windows Weekly were the only podcasts I listened to, so I never bothered with another podcast app and completely gave up on podcasts. To this day I've never listened to a podcast on Spotify, but only use Spotify for music.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
JR Raphael (who contributed weekly segments on Android tips) mentioned that the podcast was losing money for too long, so it was a financial decision. :(

The Android Police podcast is fairly similar to All About Android. I've tried both, but ultimately abandoned them because I felt that they paradoxically tended to veer towards excess complaining/bashing of Android/Google. My go-to source of news for Android and other tech things is the abovementioned JR Raphael and his Android Intelligence newsletter (and podcast, which is for paying members).

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
JR Raphael (who contributed weekly segments on Android tips) mentioned that the podcast was losing money for too long, so it was a financial decision. :(

The Android Police podcast is fairly similar to All About Android. I've tried both, but ultimately abandoned them because I felt that they paradoxically tended to veer towards excess complaining/bashing of Android/Google. My go-to source of news for Android and other tech things is the abovementioned JR Raphael and his Android Intelligence newsletter (and podcast, which is for paying members).
Yeah I definitely got that vibe from the podcast from time to time especially from Flo, unfortunately. She tended to be negative most of the time concerning Android. I think the podcast went downhill when they did away with the Android arena segment. I enjoyed when they would try different flavors of Oreos each week when Android Oreo came out.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's sad when something we really like has to end. And it's also said that it had to be a financial decision. I do enjoy podcasts but don't listen to them as often as I would like. Good to know that there are some equivalent podcasts are still around!

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It's sad when something we really like has to end. And it's also said that it had to be a financial decision. I do enjoy podcasts but don't listen to them as often as I would like. Good to know that there are some equivalent podcasts are still around!
I seem to just lack the attention span to listen to lengthy podcasts. It's different if I'm reading a book or watching a movie, show or YouTube video. That's why I never listen to audio books either. I need visual experiences to appreciate speeches. The only thing that doesn't require visual experience for me is music.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I seem to just lack the attention span to listen to lengthy podcasts. It's different if I'm reading a book or watching a movie, show or YouTube video. That's why I never listen to audio books either. I need visual experiences to appreciate speeches. The only thing that doesn't require visual experience for me is music.

I agree with you, I too like reading books and visually absorbing things. Plus, you can easily pause with books and shows and come back later when you are fully ready. You can visually see the pause, and I think that is different than pausing a podcast while you're driving for example.

Last edited by a moderator: