The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

jasongeiger

May 2, 2011
Visit site
You will like my phone the best or else!! Interested in the HTC one. I want them to do well despite reluctant to ever buy from them again after the thunderbolt. I didn't hate that phone but they pretty much forgot about it quick. Bet the same thing happens with the dna now. Anyway I have a note 2 now and couldn't give a if someone thinks it's a cheap piece of junk. I like it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Sure!

"If you don't think the GS3 IS one of the best ever, you're up in the night. Every tech website i follow said it was phone of the year, but here on HTC's threads, everyone says it's a cheap crap phone that only succeeded cause of advertising."

And shortly after I brought marketing to your attention:

"Of course I would. Like I said, HTC could make the best phone of all time, but if it was only available in Oriental countries, it does me no good. They need to make them AVAILABLE. The Galaxy S3 from user experience to Marketing is one of the best Android devices ever released."

Oh and let's not forget this one:

"I think the Note 2 is THE best Android phone to date. But i sick with the S3 because it's one of the best still."

Not sure what's your deal, you seem to be defending Samsung like it's your family's honor... No one is trying to take your phones away from you man... Unless you're working for them, your aggressive behavior can be only characterized as Fanboyism. I've owned S3, One X, currently own DNA, Nexus 4, have never had a reason as a consumer to behave that way... Just wow.

"One of the best" is all I've ever said. You said I called it THE best. I never did. Thank you for finally proving my point in that.

And, i'm not defending Samsung as much as I'm wishing you could set aside your HTC "fanboyism" and stop thinking every HTC phone is as good as any other. Each company has its ups and downs. You just seem to think HTC has never released a mid grade device. I'm no more of a "fanboy" of Samsung than you are of HTC. That's fine, but i think we can both still be reasonable.

ALL my aggression was about you putting words in my mouth. I don't like that at all. Sure I defend a good phone, but I like Motorola as much as Samsung. I prefer Samsung recently, because I like innovation. Otherwise I'd just use Apple and let them tell me how to think.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes it does, and that's where it fools many people. It's must better material than the feeling let's on. Most major mobile sires including this one have stated so in their reviews of Samsung phones.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
I have an issue with phones that feel cheap/have removable backs.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I have an issue with phones that feel cheap/have removable backs.

Then there's nothing that can be done, that's your personal opinion on phone design and there's nothing wrong with it either. Some people like the removable batteries though and they like the feeling of the plastic Samsung makes their phone out of.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I have re read this thread and laughed a few times. Almost everyone on here could be called "fanboys". There's been severe bias for each phone. But at the same time, not all "fanboys" are bad. It's okay to be a fan of something so long as you try to keep an open mind. I've repeatedly said that HTC makes good phones. The HTC fans have said nothing positive about Samsung. I'm not offended when I'm called a fanboy even though some have built it up as a terribly negative thing. At least some of us are mature enough to see the benefits of various manufacturers while some won't buy anything except cast iron phones. I've never owned a 'Lodge' phone though, so I won't dog them. I just assume they'd be extremely heavy. They do make nice Dutch Ovens though.

deevel79

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Sure as hell feels cheap.

I must agree. When my VZW upgrade came I was torn between the GS3 and IP5. I went with the IP5 for 2 reason. The iphone felt like a bentley while the GS3 felt like a Kia. I just couldnt get over the fact that samsungs flagship device felt so cheap and plasticky. Not to mention many people who I know that own a GS3 have been plagued with freezing, overheating, and various OS issues. Secondly I went with the Iphone because I know how well it holds its value and can sell it today for $500 on craigslist and use that money towards the purchase of the HTC ONE. :)

Before anyone starts labeling me a fanboy, I have absolutely no allegiance to any one phone manufacturer. I've had them all from Blackberry to Apple to HTC, etc... In my experiences, Apple has the smoothest running OS of any phone I have ever owned. Never even a hiccup from their OS.

Last edited:

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Samsung > HTC. In every way. Now let's move on. NEXT!

Sent from my Sammy Device.

You know, it's actually getting to be pretty entertaining to read your posts. All you do is parrot Samsung fanboyism rabidly, and in no way back up anything you say. When confronted with opposing views with legitimate backing, you retort with lame one-liners. I don't think you even ever understood what the whole point of this discussion was. We are talking about why Samsung is doing better saleswise. You (among others) were not able to digest that, for one reason or another. Plenty came in and laid out well-thought and backed views as to why Samsung is selling well. Coming in here and praising Samsung to high-heaven and blatantly ignoring what others say, while contributing nothing worthwhile does not constitute actual discussion. Your post I quoted is the perfect example of your level of thinking right now. Lol.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
ITT:

nerdrage225.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174