The List of things Verizon changed on the SIII

markhallyo

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but when I booted the phone up it didn't give me hardly any options. No Samsung account or Dropbox integration at all. Just Verizon's stupid back up assistant and an email and then my Google account. It didn't come with dropbox or flipboard installed which kind of annoyed me but it's whatever. It did allow me to hide all the Verizon apps which was awesome so that's one thing they did better than the other American carriers (supposedly on Sprint I think you couldn't hide some of the Sprint bloat). And no Google wallet just pisses me off...I'm gonna have to root, but not because of Samsung this time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but when I booted the phone up it didn't give me hardly any options. No Samsung account or Dropbox integration at all. Just Verizon's stupid back up assistant and an email and then my Google account. It didn't come with dropbox or flipboard installed which kind of annoyed me but it's whatever. It did allow me to hide all the Verizon apps which was awesome so that's one thing they did better than the other American carriers (supposedly on Sprint I think you couldn't hide some of the Sprint bloat). And no Google wallet just pisses me off...I'm gonna have to root, but not because of Samsung this time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

The US carriers opted not to get in on the extra free storage deal so I wouldn't expect a Dropbox prompt at boot.

Google Wallet is a carrier issue, but not specific to Verizon. Only Sprint has made that deal with Google.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
At least Verizon users could not purchase the SIII or just return them in droves to the point that VErizon loses a ton of money handling the returns. At least this might adjust their thinking on the next major device release. There are other phones like the Maxx and Nexus that don't pigeon hole customers like he SIII and DInc 4g.

Nothing will change if people complain without taking action. Feel free to complain. Feel free to voice your opinion. But if you're not going to do anything about it, you can't really expect change.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

drewcampbell

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I've NEVER been late, So you're point is invalid. I have also did that with my Thunderbolt, Droid 1, Dare and Samsung 670

I pre-ordered my GSIII through my Government Account Manager (on my personal account, not any of my agency's accounts) and she said that since they are processing the GSIII orders through their ICONIC (sp?) Preorder System, you are not allowed to bill to your account. Period. And I have charged all of my other equipment/accessory purchases to my account. So there you go.

Kuro

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered my GSIII through my Government Account Manager (on my personal account, not any of my agency's accounts) and she said that since they are processing the GSIII orders through their ICONIC (sp?) Preorder System, you are not allowed to bill to your account. Period. And I have charged all of my other equipment/accessory purchases to my account. So there you go.

There's a ton of conflicting info out there. Billing to my account was allegedly possible over the phone

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

stevo11

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
There's a ton of conflicting info out there. Billing to my account was allegedly possible over the phone

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

it was. i had an issue with my cc declining the charge (as many others experienced) and the customer service girl billed it to my account since she knew that would guarantee the phone getting out the door. still waiting for the charge to show up though...