The M9 has actually a great camera, tuned badly by HTC's software!

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone used Camera Awesome or some other Play Store camera application to see how well they work on the M9?

Adam_ation

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone used Camera Awesome or some other Play Store camera application to see how well they work on the M9?
Not yet Ollie but I'll give it a try. Be careful taking advice from people around these parts, I've noticed alot of people seem to be faking interest in the M9 in order to add weight and legitimacy to their feelings/thoughts.

I personally don't take notice of those who don't actually own the phone itself - Adam

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
"nOOb" question. Do these "fixed" settings for the camera have to be applied each time you use the camera? Or are they saved? Camera is a big selling point for me but I don't want to have to adjust settings every time I open up the camera app. Kids aren't that patient! lol :D

Rob

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
"nOOb" question. Do these "fixed" settings for the camera have to be applied each time you use the camera? Or are they saved? Camera is a big selling point for me but I don't want to have to adjust settings every time I open up the camera app. Kids aren't that patient! lol :D

Rob

You can't save settings and give them their own name.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I was just using some of the settings I found on the xda forum. 2 are using that, 1 is with the automatic settings. These were taken near a window on a overcast day.
The flash didn't fire on the dark one.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 6031.jpg
    6031.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 6030.jpg
    6030.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 205
  • 6029.jpg
    6029.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 203

lovenokia

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
The HTC one m9 uses a 1/1/2.4 sized image sensor, while the s6 uses a 1/1/2.6 sized image sensor, though the htc has higher resolution sensor, the size of the pixels are still very similar. Now the HTC will be unable to compete in low light to the s6 because of the lack of OIS, but in daytime it should give more details. IMO the image sensor is capable, so HTC needs to get the most out of this sensor and I think the picture quality will improve once HTC will be able to get more out of the sensor.

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The HTC one m9 uses a 1/1/2.4 sized image sensor, while the s6 uses a 1/1/2.6 sized image sensor, though the htc has higher resolution sensor, the size of the pixels are still very similar. Now the HTC will be unable to compete in low light to the s6 because of the lack of OIS, but in daytime it should give more details. IMO the image sensor is capable, so HTC needs to get the most out of this sensor and I think the picture quality will improve once HTC will be able to get more out of the sensor.

Being that there is marked improvements just by changing the settings of the camera. Would you say that with an update they would have others have marked improvements as well

lovenokia

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Being that there is marked improvements just by changing the settings of the camera. Would you say that with an update they would have others have marked improvements as well

I do think that HTC can get more out of the image sensor. The lumia 1520 has a slightly smaller image sensor than the M9, but uses OIS so in low light it will always win. But in bright daylight the m9 could get results somewhat similar to the Note 4 and 1520 if software will be tuned properly. Time will tell how much effort HTC will put to get the most out of the M9 sensor. I would say in time they will improve. Nokia was able to improve the 920, 1520, and 930 image sensors with firmware updates, Htc doesn't have the same history like nokia did with improving image sensor capabilities, but the possibility certainly is there.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I just saw that when I try to record video a 6 minute counter starts. My SD card can hold much longer videos, so does anybody know if there is a limit?
This only applies to 4K video. Recording a FullHD video doesn't have any limit.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I just saw that when I try to record video a 6 minute counter starts. My SD card can hold much longer videos, so does anybody know if there is a limit?
This only applies to 4K video. Recording a FullHD video doesn't have any limit.

Yeah, I remember reading in a review that 4k has a 6 minute limit on video recording. No idea why though.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I recorded a two minute test 4K video and I was disappointed with the results. The lack of stabilization is not helping either. I am not saying that videos cannot be good, but they should be better. I don't care a lot about it, but I understand if others would be disappointed with the video quality. I will do more tests tomorrow and post a couple of test videos.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I recorded a two minute test 4K video and I was disappointed with the results. The lack of stabilization is not helping either. I am not saying that videos cannot be good, but they should be better. I don't care a lot about it, but I understand if others would be disappointed with the video quality. I will do more tests tomorrow and post a couple of test videos.

That's what I thought. If you are standing and filming and moving it with your hands it is ok. But as soon as you start walking it will give you motion sickness watching the video. Most of the time I stand and film so I probably won't notice it as much but it is still dissapointing.