The M9 has actually a great camera, tuned badly by HTC's software!

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
For what it's worth my friend just showed up with a brand new Galaxy S6. We took some side by side pictures in my room and the ones on my HTC M9 (using the XDA settings) looked every bit as good as the S6. In fact, I liked the "warmth" of the colors better on the M9. We only took a few and I'm sure this won't be the case with all that we take tomorrow, but it does show the M9 has promise.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I don't know who's XDA settings I copied but when I took just one picture inside my work of these flowers it wasn't good. My husband said I should have had my flash on it wasn't on. My coworker had just gotten the same phone and took a picture and his settings were never changed and it was better than mine. But you can't judge after 1 pic. And I think the ones on XDA were more outside ones. But when I changed mine back to default and took another picture of my flowers it was better. Still without flash on. I didn't know that the XDA settings were after the update. I have been checking my phone for an update and I noticed it was checked for auto update how do I know if I have it? Would it have auto installed also?

So you are saying the XDA settings aren't the magic bullet for the M9? And if HTC pushed an update with those "fixes" it may make some people experiences far worse with the M9's camera. That contradicts everything I have read on this forum. HTC just has to start over with their next phone. Everyone experience is different, but you said the automatic settings on the camera were better than the settings you got from XDA. Someone over there shouldn't quit their day job if that's the case. Thanks for posting Rose.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I didn't do my settings right or I got the wrong ones from someone different than you I don't know. But I only took the one picture with new phone and than with my M8 and it was even better with the M8 and that is when my coworker who just got the M9 took one and his were the default settings so I changed mine back his looked better than mine. They were Pink roses and they looked White under the settings I had but default showed more Pink. I don't know.

For what it's worth my friend just showed up with a brand new Galaxy S6. We took some side by side pictures in my room and the ones on my HTC M9 (using the XDA settings) looked every bit as good as the S6. In fact, I liked the "warmth" of the colors better on the M9. We only took a few and I'm sure this won't be the case with all that we take tomorrow, but it does show the M9 has promise.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
AFAIK, the xda settings are before the update. If are certain you already have the camera update, try the default settings first and then adjust if you need to.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Sprint was supposed to get it today but it keeps telling me no updates. But I noticed my phone was set to auto download and I usually don't have that checked so if it auto downloaded I wasn't sure it it auto installed also or not. Usually it will ask me if I am ready to install. So I'm guessing I didn't get it yet.

AFAIK, the xda settings are before the update. If are certain you already have the camera update, try the default settings first and then adjust if you need to.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I think they are not. The user Hamdir has the international version of the M9 which already had the update.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I took this link from over on XDA and this compares the night shots between the M9 and S6. In my opinion, when the settings are manually adjusted for low-light shooting, it makes a difference. However for a 20MP sensor, it's pretty obvious that there is far too much post processing going to for the falloff in detail to be occurring the way it does.

殘酷考驗!HTC One M9、三星S6夜拍效果比拼 - SOGI 手機王

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny