The Note 7 Battery life Thread

Thelt2000x

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Arrg. The battery life

I can personally say I am having zero issues with my battery. I have been using the crap out of it for the last day and have been really happy and surprised with how good the battery it.

Also, I never restore from my previous account. Always start fresh. I did smart Switch my photos, music, messages and phone logs. Other than that download the critical apps I use and I just download apps as needed when using the phone.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: average battery life?

Worse than expected here. Fully charged in bed while watching TV. I disconnected the phone when fully charged at around 12:30 AM. I did not pick the phone up again till 10:00 A.M . It was down to 61%.:(

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Worse than expected here. Fully charged in bed while watching TV. I disconnected the phone when fully charged at around 12:30 AM. I did not pick the phone up again till 10:00 A.M . It was down to 61%.:(
Whoa, that's not good. Anything running in the background? What's your brightness? BT left on? Weak signal?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

The only chance I've had to do a fair comparison, the Note 7 shined - my Note 5 has always been in Power Save mode (Not Ultra) and I take it off the charger at 100% when I go to bed at 11:30 PM. When I get up at 8:30 AM, it is at between 92% and 94% consistently. First night with the Note 7, no power save at all, same applications running, all the same background jobs... 8:30 AM - 98%! I had to look twice - I was thrilled... again, first night and that's just stand-by! Let's see what happens as time goes on but so far I am a very happy camper, and that includes more than just the battery. I am psyched with this "feuunne" (any of you remember Dr. Clouseau in the Pink Panther?) Nah, you're all too young - never mind!

Thelt2000x

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

Yea that's not right. I unplugged at 11pm fully charged and picked up my phone at 11am. It was at 94%

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

I'm questioning some folks because it seems like they are just quoting those odd battery reviews. I'm om 83%. Been off the charger since 10, maybe before. So I'm just really confused. This battery is bomb.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

I dont know what people dont get about this. Everybody's phone and usage is different. Are you using Wi-Fi? Is your signal spotty? What apps are taxing your ram? How many apps refresh like emails and how frequent? Gps, Bluetooth, power saving, Display brightness.. I can go on and on. The less apps you have, the better signal you have, the better your battery is going to be. My battery seems fine. Alot better than my note3 which isn't saying much but my note3 battery was still very good.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

Lol at anyone that's says they're "getting an average of" in reference to battery time.

1). You can't have had the phone more than a day or two
2). If you've managed to power cycle you're phone 5-6 times...I don't just question your logic...but your sanity and need for a nap. An average isn't twice
3). Android needs days to settle down...not hours.

Everyone take a powder and relax, it's not even worth discussing for another couple of days, the information you have about your two day old phone is less than telling about ling term performance.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

Whoa, that's not good. Anything running in the background? What's your brightness? BT left on? Weak signal?

No BT. Good signal and display was "sleeping". I will try to duplicate tonight and take a screenshot. It showed about 33% usage was android system I think, I forget the rest.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

I dont know what people dont get about this. Everybody's phone and usage is different. Are you using Wi-Fi? Is your signal spotty? What apps are taxing your ram? How many apps refresh like emails and how frequent? Gps, Bluetooth, power saving, Display brightness.. I can go on and on. The less apps you have, the better signal you have, the better your battery is going to be. My battery seems fine. Alot better than my note3 which isn't saying much but my note3 battery was still very good.

Exactly. My only point in here though is that some of this seems mad fishy. I haven't even tailored my phone yet (I was sleepy yesterday....and lazy lol). Probably have 50 or so apps, GPS running (which I NEVER do) and BT on and my battery is taking me all the way. Even with varying experiences, I just don't know where folks are getting these super drastic battery drains lol

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

I'm a day in and mines doing good so far. 2 hrs 40 minutes SOT and I'm at 66% with 4 hrs 16 minutes total off the charger. This is with web browsing, forum app browsing, Facebook, messages, some clash royale and other random stuff. I have spotty reception here also. Been on WiFi for part of the time. Bluetooth, WiFi, location and NFC all on with my Gear fit 2 connected via BT. 4 Gmail accounts set to push. All in all for my first day after setting it up I'm pleased. It's on par with my GS7E.

Posted via the Android Central App

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Always On and battery saver

I notice that when I turn the battery saver on and set it to "Mid", Always On doesn't work anymore. I don't see any options to enable it in the customize options. Does Always On only work when your in full power mode? Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Always On and battery saver

While always on is cool, it does use a little battery. It would be inconsistent to use a battery saving mode and an optional battery user at the same time.

The more I look at the battery saver modes, I am certain they werr not designed to be on all the time.

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

I can personally say I am having zero issues with my battery. I have been using the crap out of it for the last day and have been really happy and surprised with how good the battery it.

Also, I never restore from my previous account. Always start fresh. I did smart Switch my photos, music, messages and phone logs. Other than that download the critical apps I use and I just download apps as needed when using the phone.
What's your sot?

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

I got 4 hrs today, and that was with streaming music and using GPS navigation for an hour with the screen on.

Bluetooth, Wi-Fi is on, screen brightness on auto. All stock Settings, havent done anything to try to improve battery life.

I think I can get 5 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itay85