The Note 8 S Pen works in the note 9

Chromium 4

May 28, 2017
Visit site
I plan on trading in my Note8 for a $500 discount on the 9. If I held on to my Note8 S-pen when sending it off for the trade in do you think I would have any problems with Samsung as long as the phone is in good working condition?

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I plan on trading in my Note8 for a $500 discount on the 9. If I held on to my Note8 S-pen when sending it off for the trade in do you think I would have any problems with Samsung as long as the phone is in good working condition?

Probably not worth the risk when it comes to trading in to Samsung.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
why would it not just 'work' since a pen that you would buy would work just fine. Note 8 and Note 9 are virtually the same

The Bluetooth functionality is powered by a super capacitor which is charged using induction. The Note 8 will not have the induction coils to charge the cap. It may be possible to pair the poem with the Note 8, but if you can't charge it, you won't be able to use it anyways.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Since you mentioned **induction** charging for the Note 9 Spen, do you think it would get charged on a wireless charging pad? That would be great if it did..
The Bluetooth functionality is powered by a super capacitor which is charged using induction. The Note 8 will not have the induction coils to charge the cap. It may be possible to pair the poem with the Note 8, but if you can't charge it, you won't be able to use it anyways.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I like using my S9+ like a note. Same specs except screensize for the base model note, but half the price. And I already have it. What other special feature am I unaware of?
78af0cee45d81ad296d79df3a40ffd25.jpg

nobrakes

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I like using my S9+ like a note. Same specs except screensize for the base model note, but half the price. And I already have it. What other special feature am I unaware of? //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180817/78af0cee45d81ad296d79df3a40ffd25.jpg
Not the same. When I had to return the note 7 and used a S7 edge, it was terrible using my finger or stylus. First as you can see in your image, handwriting looks terrible. You can't copy and paste certain texts. You can't smart select. That's just to name a few. If you don't use the S Pen, you wouldn't understand

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Not the same. When I had to return the note 7 and used a S7 edge, it was terrible using my finger or stylus. First as you can see in your image, handwriting looks terrible. You can't copy and paste certain texts. You can't smart select. That's just to name a few. If you don't use the S Pen, you wouldn't understand
You can smart select, with the edge panels.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I like using my S9+ like a note. Same specs except screensize for the base model note, but half the price. And I already have it. What other special feature am I unaware of?

The S pen is is a much better stylus than any capacitive stylus. Has much higher accuracy and pressure sensitivity. It's Wacom technology which is what many digital artists use to ink their art.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
The S pen is is a much better stylus than any capacitive stylus. Has much higher accuracy and pressure sensitivity. It's Wacom technology which is what many digital artists use to ink their art.
Is it $600 better for a non artist? Some of the new stylus are very accurate. Line width, color, editing can all be done on most devices from Samsung and others. I don't think it's enough of an upgrade for me to get more productive. Give me a folding s9+phone next time and I'm in for 1k.
P. S. My handwriting always looks like that.

nobrakes

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Is it $600 better for a non artist? Some of the new stylus are very accurate. Line width, color, editing can all be done on most devices from Samsung and others. I don't think it's enough of an upgrade for me to get more productive. Give me a folding s9+phone next time and I'm in for 1k.
P. S. My handwriting always looks like that.
If that's the case you don't need a note. If you've already justifying not needing a note device, most likely you don't need one. Everyone has different needs. Not knocking anyone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos