The Official Blackberry Convert Thread

azatru

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So, I was a big fan of google sync/calendar/tasks on my BB.... (and I loved that bb desktop manager would sync with ms outlook)...I've successfully found their counterparts for android, all except for a decent FREE way to sync everything with MS Office Outlook.

Any ideas/suggestions?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
So, I was a big fan of google sync/calendar/tasks on my BB.... (and I loved that bb desktop manager would sync with ms outlook)...I've successfully found their counterparts for android, all except for a decent FREE way to sync everything with MS Office Outlook.

Any ideas/suggestions?

I know this will be a radical concept, but you need to just abandon Outlook altogether and stick with gmail for calendar, contacts and email. After being a dedicated Outlook user since Outlook came out, I finally did this last year and could not be happier. No more being tied to a single computer for all your info, no more cabling up to sync with your phone.

LeslieS

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I used BB for years and loved it! The reason I got the Evo shift: Best Buy was out of my 2 BB choices when I went to upgrade, so they gave a great deal (I think) on the Evo Shift. It's been 2 days, I do like it but am having BB withdrawal which I think is only because of the familiarity with the BB, so once I'm comfortable with this one, I'm sure I will love it (everyone tells me I will! :p)

When I connected the phone to my computer, all my appointments, Birthdays, etc., that were in Outlook, are on the phone, so I think the sync went fine. However, from everything I've read/heard about Goggle calendar, I would like to try it. I created an account and have the calendar, but are there any instructions here on this forum that will walk me through, step-by=step, what I do now and how to sync the phone with Goggle?
Thanx for your patience and help (sorry this is kind of long)

Leslie
:-[

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia