The official S7 /S7 Edge review thread

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
As many of us will be guided in our purchasing decision by authoritative reviews, I thought it would be a good idea to aggregate all reviews in one place as they start to filter in.

Might I ask that members post a link to any reviews they come across here, in one place?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site

cal777flyer

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: The official S7 review thread

That worries me, as this was one of my concerns with a Samsung phone. Along with quirky scrolling.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site

I think Sammy has nailed the hardware on this one. Software on the otherhand has just never been fully polished. If cash strapped HTC can do it, there should be no reason why Samsung can't give us the best software experience.

dreaming of electric sheep

If Samsung were to do that they would finally have the perfect android device

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site

But that was with MWC pre-release unit on demo. So let's see how production units do.

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site

One of six reasons I'm switching from Apple to Samsung. The camera is nice and hope it will wow us all.

Water resistant/Using the camera without having to turn the phone on/Always on notification/Larger Battery/SD slot and nice screen are the other reasons

Last edited:

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I really hope the camera impresses, because from the keynote and early demo pics, they look impressive.

But you know why I want it to impress. Just to laugh at those neighsayers who keep thinking that MP count is all that matters.

toner789

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site

what I like about this phone is the camera also as what my friends told me since they are used this phone for viewing and picture taking and the results are so awesome.

tshirttan408

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S7 Edge - When will first reviews be coming in?

I've pre-ordered the S7 Edge and cannot wait. But was curious if some reviewers might get it early so we can get an idea of what it is like before I get it or even have it now?

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

I know it's a bit surprising they aren't in reviewers hands yet. That in itself, is making me hesitate.

Posted via the Android Central App

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Official Review Thread for S7 Edge

I am hoping that the bloggers and writers will start to get review units and start to put them out this week in anticipation of the release. At least I hope so as this will be a nice distraction until we get them ourselves!!! Thought this would be a good place for them to go. If you see one add it please!!!!!

tshirttan408

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
When will the reviews start coming?

Really keen to read some in depth reviews, particularly about battery life and how much of a difference the larger battery will make. Will the phone be with reviewers now by any chance?

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
The Best Buy rep had one off the leash (his own phone) that he let me play with, so how is it the reviewers don't have one?
BTW the gold and silver were almost indistinguishable from each other.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I'll happily give some interim battery stats and camera samples once I get my hands on my demo unit. Some of my colleagues got theirs today, I wasn't so lucky. Hopefully delivered by Monday or Tuesday next week.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know when we can expect the official reviews to come in? There's some really good pre-order deals and I don't know whether to take the plunge so I don't miss out or hold off until I've read at least a few (but potentially miss out).

SROhlms

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know when we can expect the official reviews to come in? There's some really good pre-order deals and I don't know whether to take the plunge so I don't miss out or hold off until I've read at least a few (but potentially miss out).

Same here. I don't want to take the plunge on a $700-800 purchase (no matter how good it looks upon announcing) until I hear some reviews from those that do it for a living. However, you run the risk of missing out on early specials.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao