The Pixel and Pixel XL Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Reviews

This might actually be for the V20, but I hope I'm wrong.
I'm pretty certain his "ok Google" mention was a hint it was for the Pixel. Sometime tweeted to him jokingly that it made their phone go off and he replied that they should expect it to a few times during the new video.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

Finally we'll get something from people with hands on use. Getting tired of all the conjecture and perception.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

So far reviews look good. The 2 area that I care the most are camera and battery life, and they both look good from the review. Google assistance seems to be great also. I am glad I went with pre ordering the pixel xl instead of keeping my Nexus 6P.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

I still don't know if I want it. The camera isn't quite as good as the Samsungs per several reviews and the battery is average, but when they show their screen on times they're always low with no explanation of how long the phone went between charges. One reviewer said the video image quality isn't as good as the iPhone 7. Several reviews complained about the price for the hardware you're getting with one review saying you can do better with other phones for the price. Reviews were supposed to clear this up for me and instead they only muddied the waters.

trekk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

I am still on the fence about this phone, worried it will have bluetooth issues like the 6P. Reviews are still not giving a clear indication of battery life

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

I still don't know if I want it. The camera isn't quite as good as the Samsungs per several reviews and the battery is average, but when they show their screen on times they're always low with no explanation of how long the phone went between charges. One reviewer said the video image quality isn't as good as the iPhone 7. Several reviews complained about the price for the hardware you're getting with one review saying you can do better with other phones for the price. Reviews were supposed to clear this up for me and instead they only muddied the waters.

Sounds like it might not be for you then.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Reviews were supposed to clear this up for me and instead they only muddied the waters.

That is kind of what most reviews do for me as well. Though you do have the return window to factor in. Aside from going to Verizon you cannot get the phone right now from what I have seen. So by then there will be many more reviews & comparisons.

I am still on the fence about this phone, worried it will have bluetooth issues like the 6P. Reviews are still not giving a clear indication of battery life

The Verge review was really impressed with the battery life saying it was better than iP7 & nexus 6p.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Very very happy to see all the glowing reviews of the phone. Honestly, only the Note 7 was reviewed as well as I am seeing here today (other than iPhone reviews, of course - no comment).

The Verge: Home Run
"This is Google's first phone, and for a first effort it is remarkably good. By almost every metric I can think of — speed, power, camera, smart assistant, you name it — it matches or exceeds the best phones available on the market today. "

Mossberg: Google's first phone is first rate
"If you’re an Android fan, willing to buy a premium phone, the Pixel is your answer. To repeat: it’s simply the best Android phone I’ve tested."

A/C review:
"The Google Pixel XL is my new daily driver. As for the smaller Pixel, I know it's going to take a lot to tear Daniel Bader away from this compact Android powerhouse. (Ed: True.) Both are excellent smartphones which we can wholeheartedly recommend

Engadget
"Everyone else making Android phones should be a little worried"

Most of the rest have the same theme. Really good camera, really good software. Fast, fast , fast. We'll see on battery life (most seem OK to good).

I am excited now!

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

I just read this. I think it is about the best non biased review out.
That's a good review, but the camera review made no sense. It's the fastest smartphone camera even though it is only faster than a Samsung in burst mode and slower than a Samsung in auto focus? It's a better photographers camera than the LG V20 which has more extensive manual controls? It's the best smartphone camera even though it has wonky autofocus and doesn't excel in low light? Those comments don't really make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buchenzo