The real S8 - as tweeted by @evleaks

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
In looking at another story on this, I noticed that in the picture on the right it looks to be a micro USB type B connector, not type C. I thought this feature was pretty much confirmed. Well, as much as could be at this stage, anyways.

@evleaks confirmed it was USB-C. Crappy pic, and u r not the only person thinking that. The Note 7 was USB-C, so I would expect it on the S8.

What I am not looking forward to is buying all new USB-C cables. Nightstand, car, office, traveling bag, and extras for when the dog eats them :)

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Thinking and speculating more about the leaked pic....

0594aea5b6a5aebf69281b386d9460f9.jpg

It's interesting that the corner where the headphone jack is located is cut off. Possible SPen slot??

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Fake, fake, faky-fake. This is so fake it's almost embarrassing that it would be posted.

I dont think these are fake at all. In fact if I were a betting man, I bet this is exactly 100% what the S8 will look like and most likely IS an S8 in the pic.

@evleaks is highly highly rated and pretty much what he says is almost gospel.

offsidebowler

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
The screen to body ratio looks a lot over 80% from the other leaks. Who knows what's real and what isn't. If there's no home button that'll push the ratio up a ton automatically.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I dont think these are fake at all. In fact if I were a betting man, I bet this is exactly 100% what the S8 will look like and most likely IS an S8 in the pic.

@evleaks is highly highly rated and pretty much what he says is almost gospel.

Have to agree with you on @evleaks he is always spot on!

I am not liking where the FP scanner is on those images though.......
The FP scanner should be round and below the camera like on Huawei and LG phones.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Assuming this is the device to be released (I'm not doubting evleaks, he is correct much more often than not), the physical home button appears to be gone. Samsung has apparently moved to onscreen buttons?

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Assuming this is the device to be released (I'm not doubting evleaks, he is correct much more often than not), the physical home button appears to be gone. Samsung has apparently moved to onscreen buttons?

There has been talk for years that Samsung would move in this direction. And it looks like they finally have.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't think an s-pen would have enough room. On the Notes, the 3.5mm jack is on the top, isn't it?
No, it's on the bottom on the Note as well. But yeah, that's not enough room for an spen over there, plus they didn't have enough time to redo the whole design for an spen. They're coming out with another Note, don't see them putting one in the S8.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The fingerprint sensor location looks stupid to me. Holding my S6 to get an idea... one handed op your index is near full stretch and it looks better positioned for right handed users then left handed users like me. Just like the capacitive buttons to me seem designed for right hand users with the back button on wrong side. :/
Well, left handed people are a small minority so if you got to pick who to make the phone more comfortable for it's gonna be right handed people lol.

I will say, I prefer the fingerprint sensor on the front and I prefer a home button but I'll try this out to see how it is. My finger usually rests pretty close to where the fingerprint sensor is so maybe it won't be so bad. I guess the one good thing about on screen buttons is you'll probably be able rearrange the buttons if you don't like Samsung's layout. I plan to keep the current layout as that's what I'm used to.

Bankz111

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
so this is supposed to be the revolutionary Galaxy S8?I'm so underwhelmed actually. I mean, this looks exactly like the S6/7 edge without a home button tbh. Was really hoping for the Note 7 form factor. no dual camera, no stereo speakers, glass design, no FM radio, no IR Blaster, no 6gig Ram, wider, an ugly/akwardly placed fps, no major camera increment, costs $900, a 3,0000mah battery for a 5.8" screen.

I would have hoped it was fake but it isn't helping that this is actually coming from evleaks. his leaks are as good as an official reveal tbh. the fact that many Sammy fans are saying this image is fake all over the web should say something (though we'll all try to defend it when it becomes official regardless).

Bankz111

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site

looks like a mediocre fan made render tbh.. and I was here busy thinking it will look better in the marketing material. I wish the S8 could be the phone in the leaked video from Samsung a few days ago with a very flat display and almost no side bezels. That phone is mesmerizing, judging by everybody's reaction, until we found out that it wasn't actually the S8 or at least if it came in the form factor of the Note7 with black rims/edges.
The irony of this is that the phone in the leaked video from Samsung looks exactly like the leaked G6. Which is a beauty to behold. Anyway, let's keep our fingers crossed as this phone will eventually grow on us, like everything (after all, this phone is still more beautiful than at least 80% of all phones out there

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm right handed... I hold the phone with left so that if I was using two hand operation I do all my swiping and pressing with my right hand. Never noticed how others hold but maybe I'm the minority.

They should have put the button in the center below camera for ambidextrous use as well as symmetry.

Right now I'm liking the partial LG G6 pics over this current S8 pic. Maybe I'll wait for the Note 8 release.

Well, left handed people are a small minority so if you got to pick who to make the phone more comfortable for it's gonna be right handed people lol.

I will say, I prefer the fingerprint sensor on the front and I prefer a home button but I'll try this out to see how it is. My finger usually rests pretty close to where the fingerprint sensor is so maybe it won't be so bad. I guess the one good thing about on screen buttons is you'll probably be able rearrange the buttons if you don't like Samsung's layout. I plan to keep the current layout as that's what I'm used to.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I like the look. Will be interesting to see if the fingerprint scanner is on the back like that how long it takes to get used to it. Like the removal of buttons on the front. Wish battery was a little larger though.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
looks like a mediocre fan made render tbh.. and I was here busy thinking it will look better in the marketing material. I wish the S8 could be the phone in the leaked video from Samsung a few days ago with a very flat display and almost no side bezels. That phone is mesmerizing, judging by everybody's reaction, until we found out that it wasn't actually the S8 or at least if it came in the form factor of the Note7 with black rims/edges.
The irony of this is that the phone in the leaked video from Samsung looks exactly like the leaked G6. Which is a beauty to behold. Anyway, let's keep our fingers crossed as this phone will eventually grow on us, like everything (after all, this phone is still more beautiful than at least 80% of all phones out there

Also, it's a leak. How many times do we see people moan over leaks, only to praise it once it's on and in someone's hand.

It happened with the Pixel, V20, S7 , Note 7 and so forth...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality37