The rezound is awesome after ICS update!!!!

MajesticFlame

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I think you should and their should be a law that makes notifications alerts as loud as possible as a means of public safety. What if their was a tornado or terrorist attack or shooting again... Are you really telling me that you don't want to know about it because you are busy... What if it directly affected you how would you feel then. Oh wait you would not feel anything as you decided the messages are not important and are now well...

Vibration alerts are enough. If I have sound off there better be a damn good reason for it to override my settings. A terrorist attack in my area yes, tornado sighted yes but a normal storm warning no.

If it were a bit more clear what types of events/weather would cause an alert I might leave all of them on but you only get a basic description. If anyone knows of a list that details exactly what would and wouldn't set it off I'd like to see it.

Last edited:

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I think you should and their should be a law that makes notifications alerts as loud as possible as a means of public safety. What if their was a tornado or terrorist attack or shooting again... Are you really telling me that you don't want to know about it because you are busy... What if it directly affected you how would you feel then. Oh wait you would not feel anything as you decided the messages are not important and are now well...

Not to de-rail the thread further, but NO! I can manage just fine on my own without Big Brother's help thank you very much. I've even done so long before I had a smartphone. It's my phone and I should be able to have complete control over these alert settings. The fact you can't disable the Presidential alert really grates on me (at least you can disable the others).

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Will have mine delivered on Wed. Certified like new replacing the bolt. Hope comes already with the ICS.

No storm in Cave Creek last night. Just loud winds. Smelled of rain. Not a drop. We usually get pounded too. Didn't sleep well. Glad am not working today.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

I never thought you would give up on tbolt! You were always its chief advocate. Now you've left us behind in ginger bread land! LOL

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I agree IF and ONLY if alerts are only given for life threatening alerts.

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else see that you can pinch to zoom in text messages??? Cool.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

.Stang.

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Just got ICS on my Rezound a few minutes ago. I have only had my phone for a little over a month, and was actually quite happy with it before this update. Now, to relearn and find all the little things that have changed with ICS.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I never thought you would give up on tbolt! You were always its chief advocate. Now you've left us behind in ginger bread land! LOL

I loved my bolt. It started not working properly at home. Two refurbs and no improvement. I tried everything to correct it. Verizon offered me the switch. I have heard many are having issues. I really thought it was going to be a long time relationship

sent from my Rezound

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Been stock since I bought this phone in January and have been waiting and waiting and dieing to root but didnt. While I was waiting I had the 4G dropping issue and to try to fix I factory rebooted twice and my battery life was never the same,,always eatting it up. After doing the OTA I factory reset the phone and wiped the internal memory then did it again immediately. The battery life has been amazing compared to what it was and the phone feels like a new phone which I have more control over. I have "Better Battery Stats" installed and when it used to be awake alot, now it sleeps all the time which extends the life of the battery. Very Happy with this update

chrisrach3

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else agree? It's like a new phone! I love all the new things that we can do with it and it makes the phone way better then before. I would love to hear from you if you agree!

I love mine, too. Voice dictation is much better, the user interface on the apps is better, the graphics are better, the battery life is longer, and the 4G reception is MUCH better. Only complaint is that we don't get to experience all of ICS because of Sense.

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I love mine, too. Voice dictation is much better, the user interface on the apps is better, the graphics are better, the battery life is longer, and the 4G reception is MUCH better. Only complaint is that we don't get to experience all of ICS because of Sense.

You can get more if an ICS experience if you use Apex or Nova Launcher.

chrisrach3

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I use go...I haven't seen any launcher that will let you do stuff like letting you choose a text response to ignore a call, camera app UI, people app improvements, and improved stock browser. I think I'd have to root for that stuff. But still, this is one of the best software updates I've had. Probably THE best.

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I use go...I haven't seen any launcher that will let you do stuff like letting you choose a text response to ignore a call, camera app UI, people app improvements, and improved stock browser. I think I'd have to root for that stuff. But still, this is one of the best software updates I've had. Probably THE best.

You can ignore a call with a text in stock ICS. When your phone rings, hit your menu and the option pops up to send a text. You can customize the message in settings, call, phone settings. :)

chrisrach3

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
You can ignore a call with a text in stock ICS. When your phone rings, hit your menu and the option pops up to send a text. You can customize the message in settings, call, phone settings. :)

Yep...ICS still does it better, though. It lets you pick between 3-4 messages and lets you create one on the fly.

hollyk83

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I would love to say I agree with your message but my phone was flawless from January until this past Monday. Tue I got the ICS update and my phone went to complete crap especially the battery life and it takes forever to charge. But reading through these looks like I may have to do a mast reset which I dread. Are you having any battery or lagging issues?

hollyk83

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you @ evilempire it does feel like a new, updated phone now. I am completely stock and absolutely love the update and what it has done for my rezound. I feel like we now have a completely relevant, fresh phone that can compete with anything out there right now.
I also cannot believe the amount of people complaining about it, or listing all of the " problems " - my opinion is that if you were having problems before, then that just carried over. Do a factory reset. Me, personally, I did not have to factory reset, as my phone was in tip-top shape before, and therefore, it carried over with the update. So many people on here are installing all of these " leaks, and roms " and then wonder why there phones are screwed up.
We should all be happy that we got ICS, instead of complaining about it and wishing for JB. Sure of course it would be nice, but one step at a time ....

I would love to say I agree with your message but my phone was flawless from January until this past Monday. Tue I got the ICS update and my phone went to complete crap especially the battery life and it takes forever to charge. But reading through these looks like I may have to do a mast reset which I dread. Are you having any battery or lagging issues?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii