The Samsung Galaxy S5 official wireless charging cover

prlundberg

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I was expecting it to be a bit thicker, but that's ridiculous. Another lazy effort by Samsung.

I'm not so sure the added bulk is worth it, although I do like how it protects the camera.

I would not use the cover and a case, that's for sure. Cover or a case, maybe.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
That's what I'm worried about. I don't know if it will fit in my case. Beginning to think this was all a plot to make us part with more of our money...nah, they wouldn't do that :confused:

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I will go with the extra battery and external charger. My cases will still fit and I won't have to open the charger port all the time.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Here is the wireless charger for the S5! Are you getting one? Are you okay with the extra bulk it adds?

The Samsung Galaxy S5 official wireless charging cover | Android Central

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

I'll be getting one, the bulk doesn't bother me for the ease of wireless charging. I do wish that it wasn't an additional charge, and can't figure out how LG get's it in the LG G2 without and gizmos, girth, or cost yet Samsung doesn't include it. Well, I can figure it out, it's just annoying.

The other thing I can't get is the number of people that whine about opening the USB cover but won't bat an eye at a second battery. I don't find taking the back off any easier than adjusting the battery cover. I'm probably holding it wrong though.

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
The other thing I can't get is the number of people that whine about opening the USB cover but won't bat an eye at a second battery. I don't find taking the back off any easier than adjusting the battery cover. I'm probably holding it wrong though.

Exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

Been waiting for this since the phone was released but still can't find one.

A company in Utah is selling them on eBay. See my link above.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I ordered one off of ebay along with the Tylt Vu charger. I have the otterbox commuter case, and after reading the review you posted, I'm starting to think it won't work with the tight fitting otterbox.

Samsung Official Galaxy S5 Wireless Charging Cover Rear Case Black EP CG900I | eBay
Brand New Tylt Vu Qi Wireless Charging Dock | eBay

Probably won't fit the commuter case. My note 3 didn't fit with the Wireless back and commuter case

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
The same reason I didn't buy one for my Note 3, because I did for my S4 and it didn't fit the cases I used most after that.

Accused Samsung and Verizon fanboy from my Verizon Galaxy S5

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I've very torn. Besides charging it in the car when I'm using the GPS or driving for a period of time I never plug it in until I go to bed so I'm not sure if I care to bother with the bigger back and figuring out another case since my Spigen ultra fit won't work. Then there's the worry that the charger door will break eventually -- but the wireless won't help me in the car anyway.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
QUESTION: Will the phone still be water and dust resistant with this cover?

Yes, the Wireless charging back has the seal similar to the stock back

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
triplacey