The voicemail notification icon will not appear when I receive a new voicemail

treeobs

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I tried "another individual that said if you dialed 1218 and then dial 1219 it would turn on and off the notifications for ringtone and text notifications. When I dialed those numbers I got the message from Verizon that was not a good number. " from mrwallydroidx and this works even though you get the 'bad number message'

I dialed 1218, hungup after Verizon message
dialed 1219, hungup

Tested it and icon appears

jiehooni

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
This might help.

goto 'Settings' -> 'Application manager' -> swipe left 2 times to see 'ALL' -> scroll down to 'Voicemail'
-> tap on 'Clear data' -> reboot the phone.

Hope it works for someone.

Last edited:

cmbtsar

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem and after chatting with Verizon and talking with Samsung the solution was Verizon had to reset my voice mail and now the notification indicator shows up when I have a voice mail. It's that simple.

jdm2010

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
An hour with Verizon business support tonight. Same issue with random non notification issues. I had called many times before. The guy I spoke with asked a high tier (?) person who happen to have a note 2. He said this is a known issue. Discounted downloading any apps. Gave me 6 months free Visual Voice mail. He said there is updated firmware pending but it would be some time before it came. Hopefully this will fix it as it had gotten to the point that it has cost me business.
On another item, I asked why and how I was supposed to default pictures and downloads to SD card. My device memory is under 4gb. He could not figure it out. Makes no sense. Why have an SD card when you can't move anything but a few apps to it?
Another post I will search.

RochesterBarb

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi there! I have the Samsung Note 2 for about a month and have noticed that when I receive a new voicemail, the notification icon does not appear. I get a missed call notification, and I also receive text notifications, but the voicemail does not seem to work. I have to assume I have one after a missed call and call the voicemail to check it. Any idea on how to get the icon to start appearing? Thanks!

Yeah, I was disappointed about that, too. I learned at the Verizon class that if you want it from them it will cost $2.99/mo. for Visual Voicemail (a text of the audio content of the voicemail) which I consider a ripoff so I'll just click on the Voicemail icon after every missed call, unless anyone out there knows of a free app I can download merely to SEE when I have a voicemail.

Swartscough1

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Google Voice is free. Visual Voicemail is included. You can use your Carrier phone number with GV VM.

Sign into your GV account, Click on the phones tab, and follow the instructions to switch your VM from your carrier to GV. If you change your mind, follow the instructions again, and it will deactivate GV VM.

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a Note 2 in Canada and always get a voice mail notification and icon when a new voice mail comes in. In fact, the notification remains until I listen to it. As it should.

Posted via Android Central App

tlaughw

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi there! I have the Samsung Note 2 for about a month and have noticed that when I receive a new voicemail, the notification icon does not appear. I get a missed call notification, and I also receive text notifications, but the voicemail does not seem to work. I have to assume I have one after a missed call and call the voicemail to check it. Any idea on how to get the icon to start appearing? Thanks!

Call your voicemail...I use verizon...so *86....then enter my password...
Personal voicemail options is the #4....then press 1 to turn on voicemail
Alerts.
Ta-da.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chariesdevil