There's a storm brewing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
These are two lines I've yet to see used in this forums o_O

On a more lighthearted note; we need to get you going on some TB themeing threads in our forums NCX. Hit me up.

I have a huge thread on XDA for the Incredible, i'll be making skins for the ThunderBolt since with the new Sense 2.0 you can create a seperate skin and not modify the phone's original graphics, however, the clock cannot be skinned 100%, only the background can, but you get the gist of the idea.

NCX Designs on XDA

My most recent >>>
ncx_SmoothAcidHome_final.png

fba9f6dd1abfe58523944c73bafb8d133c165a32518a19b6393ebd7b5a114acc5g.jpg

here's a collage of what i've made so far, there are much more on the XDA thread

b38e738ce631576efd031ad3ad335ac0be1c10b336aa765068f005c34c42cba86g.jpg

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, that is really cool stuff.

Update: Went to CORP VERIZON store this morning....they told me nothing.
"When is it coming out"?..."Not sure"
"Do you have a dummy unit I can look at"?...."NO, can I help you with something else"? I could tell they wanted me out of the store all togehter...I stayed for 20 minutes and played with the xoom...I googled the thunderbolt and left the hits up on the screen for them!

Then I went to a verizon authorized dealer, she was nice, let me hold the dummy unit (it felt a little better today...and yes the kickstand was junk...it must be because it is a dummy phone, the back did not come off). She tried to explain why they had delays...but she did not really know and did not seem confident (would not look me in the eye when she talked). She did take my name and number though and said she would call me! She seemed pretty nice! She said "it will come out the second week in March", and I said..."oh great, so this week coming up that sounds great"...and then she seemed confused again. Oh well!

Oh..by the way, the store I was in last night...DEAD EMPTY, the CORP store this morning...a couple of older folks,..but pretty much dead, the authorized dealer I was in this morning...DEAD EMPTY.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I haven't been around much guys. Weekend are a bit hectic with the family and all. In response to this post... I'm really not sure what he is talking about... processing time? Everything in Verizon's is instantaneously updated and scheduled. This guy seems a bit fishy to me.

Goodnight all!

Hey man, don't worry about us TOO much. It's cool that you're trying your best to help us, but no reason to feel like you should be taking time away from you real life just for us at the forum.

roxy surf

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a huge thread on XDA for the Incredible, i'll be making skins for the ThunderBolt since with the new Sense 2.0 you can create a seperate skin and not modify the phone's original graphics, however, the clock cannot be skinned 100%, only the background can, but you get the gist of the idea.

NCX Designs on XDA

My most recent >>>
ncx_SmoothAcidHome_final.png

fba9f6dd1abfe58523944c73bafb8d133c165a32518a19b6393ebd7b5a114acc5g.jpg

here's a collage of what i've made so far, there are much more on the XDA thread

b38e738ce631576efd031ad3ad335ac0be1c10b336aa765068f005c34c42cba86g.jpg
These are really cool looking...I don't know much about android yet, I've been using blackberry for years so I have a question...Does the phone have to be rooted to use themes like these? I love customization but like I said, I'm not familiar with it yet..

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh..by the way, the store I was in last night...DEAD EMPTY, the CORP store this morning...a couple of older folks,..but pretty much dead, the authorized dealer I was in this morning...DEAD EMPTY.

When I went to a CORP store Late afternoon yesterday it was dead too. Which is not normal for that store. It is normally swamped with people, its sick how they had 4 Iphone's set up against the one wall and displayed. No one looking at those either.

Its just that time where people are waiting for new phones and there are none, Tablets are not for everyone and thats all thats new.

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Bennnnn,

Thank you for sharing your insights. You said the ThunderBolts aren't shipping to the stores yet. When they do start shipping, how long does it take for the stores to be stocked and ready? I know it's possible that the stores could hang on to the inventory for a while before making them available for sale, but knowing how long the initial distribution takes would give us an idea of the minimum wait after we hear they're rolling out.

Bennnnn

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Okay guys, so I was pulled into a conference call earlier this morning regarding the Thunderbolt and other unmentioned phones and I have good news some and bad news.

Good news is in relation to the 4G LTE data plans. If you are currently signed up, or will sign up for 4G LTE data plans in the near future, you WILL be grandfathered in once tiered prices hit this summer and you will NOT have to pay more than the $30 per month for unlimited. So sign up early and lock that unlimited data in.

Now, onto more disturbing topics...

Bad news is that the Thunderbolt will not meet its previously scheduled launch date of March 10th [AGAIN] and is now moving to its consequent launch date of the 17th, hence the postponement of shipped devices from the system and withheld announcements. This makes sense as to why the announcement was missed earlier this week.

Now, I acknowledge the fact that some of us have been waiting for this device since November 23rd, myself included, but we have to realize that in less than two weeks, this device will be in our hands.

Now, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I am only relaying the information I was told this morning. Regardless of how much time we have left until launch, I'm sure we can all agree that we have a beautiful, and lightning fast device to look forward to within the next two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya