Thinking about getting the Nexus 7

vikingchick

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I am considering getting the Nexus 7 for college. I would like to take notes on it. Is there a way I could take notes and NOT have it turned to typed? Also does everyone like it? I'm seeing a lot of good things about it. :D

pashos24

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
It is great for college I use it for school and because it is so small and compact it is easy to carry around...and for notes you can use quick office which is Google docs, it has word, PowerPoint and excel and could be saved to your Google drive so no lost files.
Overall if you want to go android the nexus 7 (2013) is your best option

Posted via Android Central App

ohyeahar

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you want to inscribe on your tablet rather than use a touch keyboard. If so, you'll want to use a stylus. It's really awkward to inscribe with your finger.

My advice would be to just use a touch keyboard. It's way faster and far more accurate. Swiftkey is highly recommended on the N7. Switching to compact mode and then swiping to type is a breeze.

vikingchick

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't really care how it looks. I prefer reading handwritten notes when I'm studing. I'm a college student who commutes to school so it would be awesome to have an affordable tablet that could help me throughout the day. And who wouldn't use a stylist when writing? The whole point of having the handwriting app is so I don't have to use a keyboard.

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung Note 8 is by far the nicest stylus tablet as the spen has some nice added functionality.

The Nvidia Note 7 might be to your liking. All Android tablets can use a stylus with the right apps but these two are designed for it and in the Samsung's case the spen does some cool extra stuff. Getting an older generation Note 10.1 (check eBay and Craigslist) might also be a way to get a discount here.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell