Thinking of getting a v20

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I've found a used v20 locally for $150. Thinking of picking it up. My current moto z play doesn't have all the bands needed for cricket. Was looking at the honor 7x, but the v20 was flagship in 2016. Thinking buy a new battery for it and should be good to go. Any reason for me not to look at picking it up?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've found a used v20 locally for $150. Thinking of picking it up. My current moto z play doesn't have all the bands needed for cricket. Was looking at the honor 7x, but the v20 was flagship in 2016. Thinking buy a new battery for it and should be good to go. Any reason for me not to look at picking it up?
Sounds like a great price but make sure you check the imei to ensure it's not stolen or financed, etc. Never hurts to be careful.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Good idea. I planned on swapping my Sim right into it for testing while he waits.
You can Check the imei on swappa and call the carrier it came from As well. They should be able to check. I've been burned a couple times way back when and wanted to save other people.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Pick it up! Way better IMO than the Honor 7x, plus better price. It's a good overall package of a phone and is still a solid performer that will last you several years, esp. with removable battery.

MSFTisMIA

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
OP, If there are no issues, it's still a good phone at a very nice price. I really enjoyed mine, outside of LG not updating the thing.

Milo Warnock

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
No root!

tickerguy

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
That's a nice price.

I paid $250 for mine in NOS condition and for the money it was a steal. I wouldn't have bought it at $700 (IMHO no phone is worth that amount of scratch) but for the price, especially considering the removable battery takes one of the big risk factors off the table for long-term ownership (since you can swap it cheaply and without any sort of need to perform surgery), coupled with the nice set of specs, made it an easy choice.

bovcrx

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy with mine. Just waiting for Sony XZ1 to drop in price. V20 is great for audio and the main reason I got it.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Mike, I'll check your video out. What kind of screen on time are you getting?

at the end of the video i just have a bunch of different screenshots of SOT over the past few months. It is not great, averages around 3 something probably. However, I am a power user for sure, and i never tend to get long screen on times. I also do not try to conserve battery

dnafog

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I just got a V20 from eBay for $225.
My G3 is almost 3 yo and I liked so much I wanted what may be the last nice fone with a replaceable battery. I'm waiting my free SIM from VZW. ..

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I just got a V20 from eBay for $225.
My G3 is almost 3 yo and I liked so much I wanted what may be the last nice fone with a replaceable battery. I'm waiting my free SIM from VZW. ..
Why can't you use the sim from the g3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Why can't you use the sim from the g3
Of uses a micro sim. The v20 uses a nano sim. You can cut the micro sim down to nano sim size and it will with with an active sim but it will not be able to be activated using the v20 directly and a micro sim.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Of uses a micro sim. The v20 uses a nano sim. You can cut the micro sim down to nano sim size and it will with with an active sim but it will not be able to be activated using the v20 directly and a micro sim.
Oh that's right. Don't have a Verizon near you? They should give you the new nano sim on the spot

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays