This phone has been EOL'ed, correct?

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I thought I remembered reading that the Galaxy Nexus had officially been End Of Life'd by Verizon? But a friend of mine walked into Verizon yesterday and purchased one. How does EOL work? Do they still sell any phones left in stock at each location?

-mcskipp

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
eol without a doubt.. ur friend just happened to luck out.. i would be in severe shock if we receive 4.3..... if you want a new gnex, call up corporate headquarters, or try swappa.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am a manager at Target Mobile and we still sell the nexus for Verizon there. Try checking there too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
i would be in severe shock if we receive 4.3

Man oh man do the participants of this forum love to hang their neck out to be wrong on this.
Upgrades to older Nexus phones disagree with you.
If you want to drag Verizon into the equation, the upcoming soak test for the Xoom LTE tablet disagrees with you.

History can be your friend, if you like to read.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
So far, with all Nexus devices, the updates end when the device no longer has the specs to run them effectively.
I was pretty surprised by the Xoom soak test, but have yet to charge the battery on the Xoom at work in anticipation.

Armada

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
That's funny, because it's 4.1, which the WiFi Xoom has had for a while now but Verizon has lagged this long on. If Google gives the Gnex 4.3 we'll get it but it'll come about 6+ months later from Verizon. It's just a fact you have to deal with. Personally, when my Nexus craps out I'm going to T-Mobile prepaid and whatever new Nexus there is. I care more about freedom than coverage. And if I find I need coverage, there's always AT&T.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
That's funny, because it's 4.1, which the WiFi Xoom has had for a while now but Verizon has lagged this long on. If Google gives the Gnex 4.3 we'll get it but it'll come about 6+ months later from Verizon. It's just a fact you have to deal with. Personally, when my Nexus craps out I'm going to T-Mobile prepaid and whatever new Nexus there is. I care more about freedom than coverage. And if I find I need coverage, there's always AT&T.

I hear my inner voice say the same thing all the time until my split personality asks what's going to happen the first time I need to tether.
Is Verizon and it's expense the only option if I need to tether?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teneika lee