This screen drives me insane. Send it back?

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I still have some of the darker stains at the bottom of the screen on the new panel as well. But it's less. I hope Jerry is right and that it goes away after a while :) I am happier with this unit since I have less pink on the screen, a brighter screen and even the camera and battery seem to perform better. Really weird. I wonder if I had a bad unit. Good thing I returned it!

How's the new phone? Are you still seeing the darker stain/yellow tint at the bottom of the screen?

reihead

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
HTC10 from Three.ie and I don't have this issue on the screen. Perfect from top to bottom.

My only complaint about this screen is that it could be brighter.

radiogirl83

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
How's the new phone? Are you still seeing the darker stain/yellow tint at the bottom of the screen?

It's a bit of a mixed bag but I'm more hopeful than on the first unit since general performance is better. I'm hoping the screen will settle after a while...

Posted via the Android Central App

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Title without the *an* of course ;) Where do I change it? :)

Anyways, this screen is driving me insane. I see the faintest yellowish stain at the bottom. It's worse when brightness is low and seems fairly unpredictable. I know some of you have it too, but I have a hard time showing it to other people. Like people at the store who have to approve an exchange for a new device... I also have the pink. That's a lot more obvious. But it's the bottom of the screen that is really annoying me.

I did find one way to show it a little at all times. Be careful, might ruin your phone or at least how you look at it. If you pull down the notification bar with a white notification in it, you clearly see the white change as soon as you come near the bottom of the screen.

UPDATE: as pointed out below, the greying out at the bottom is part of the Android system. So not a good way to illustrate it after all... Thx Nexus_HTC_PS!

**See pictures below

This is perfectly normal, it has nothing to do with the screen but it's the new UI since HTC A9, it was even larger on A9 because it was meant to be on nackground of the on screen navigation panel too, the only way to get rid of it is to try a custom Rom like Leedroid or Viper, you will have the option to make the navigation and statusbar fully transparent

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
So THIS is what the HTC 10 screen is supposed to look like!!! I think 3rd times a charm. No yellow, no pink, and a Sharp panel! Woohoo! :)