Those that upgraded from the Note 9: Any regrets?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
To a certain extent true, but the s10+ is no where as solidly built as compared to the note 9. Hell yeah sd855 in that tight frame even gets hotter than the sd845. What with the heat generation and resonating back glass with volume around 50% , I'd call corners cut by Samsung.
I disagree, but that's fine, we both have opinions.

Ambreen Mustafa

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
just switched to s10+ from note 9 this weekend. I thought it would be a step down. but the light weight and hand feel is worth it. it's only slightly smaller than note 9 but it makes it more manageable. plus that lightness.... I have been missing that since note 4 I think! and it's so thin! I am so much in love with it.

I will miss the s pen especially when I am in meetings and take notes on it. but well... typing would have to do i guess. that's a small sacrifice since i dont draw or use any artistic features.

bottom line: absolutely no regrets!

Rodney Willis

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
just switched to s10+ from note 9 this weekend. I thought it would be a step down. but the light weight and hand feel is worth it. it's only slightly smaller than note 9 but it makes it more manageable. plus that lightness.... I have been missing that since note 4 I think! and it's so thin! I am so much in love with it.

I will miss the s pen especially when I am in meetings and take notes on it. but well... typing would have to do i guess. that's a small sacrifice since i dont draw or use any artistic features.

I'm contemplating about upgrading my note 9 also . I rarely use my s pen . But I will see trying to wait until the price drops

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site

I'm glad you're enjoying the phone! 😊 Which color did you end up getting?

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
I'm contemplating about upgrading my note 9 also . I rarely use my s pen . But I will see trying to wait until the price drops

Yeah, I've pretty much decided on the S10+. I just wonder when they'll have a promo on it. I remember there was a $300 off promo for the Note 9 about two or three months back, and that was before the release of the S- series.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
So you are saying that with the S10+ being 175 Grams

And the note 9 being 201 Grams.

That it was worth the money for the difference in Weight.

That is 26 grams more on the note 9.

I totally can't grasp it in the weight department.
That the S10+ is lighter.

If this was a Business Decision. It was a expensive decision.

And after running a business for 19 yrs.
Not very well thought out decision.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Well what works for you don't work for others.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

they both have 6.4inch screens.the Note 9 weighs 201g and the Ceramic S10 Plus weighs 198g.the difference is 3g...unless youre weighing coke then you wont feel or know the difference.

for example supercars.they get lighter and lighter.lets just say weight reduction.but back to phones.the Note 9 and S10 Plus has different dimension(corners,top,bottom)

157.6 x 74.1 x 7.8 mm(S10 Plus) vs 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8 mm(Note 9)
as you can see the Note 9 is actually longer,wider and thicker.but if you compared the weight to dimensions then you know its a good decision.smaller yet faster.

just a thought tough.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If most people upgraded by good business decisions, most people would be using the note 4 or 5. Samsung and Apple would not be doing very well from a business standpoint. Upgrading is definitely a personal decision, has nothing to do with business for most.

As far as the weight, that's not a huge deal being lighter, in fact I went with the ceramic for the heavier feel and other reasons. With that said, the bigger issue is Samsung made the S10+ same size screen with a smaller footprint phone frame as the note 9, and it's lighter in weight. Don't worry, the note 10 will follow same theory and looks like bigger screen, which is getting dumb IMO, and then the light weight will be a big deal here.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
If most people upgraded by good business decisions, most people would be using the note 4 or 5. Samsung and Apple would not be doing very well from a business standpoint. Upgrading is definitely a personal decision, has nothing to do with business for most.

As far as the weight, that's not a huge deal being lighter, in fact I went with the ceramic for the heavier feel and other reasons. With that said, the bigger issue is Samsung made the S10+ same size screen with a smaller footprint phone frame as the note 9, and it's lighter in weight. Don't worry, the note 10 will follow same theory and looks like bigger screen, which is getting dumb IMO, and then the light weight will be a big deal here.
I bet the ceramic one doesn't resonate when on speaker phone or listening to YouTube with anything 50% in volume or over. The note 9 definitely felt more solid to me. I think Samsung did make some cost cutting on the s10+, cue the single chrome frame and none color coded camera surround which is the same on any color s10+ one buys.

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
Ok folks, I'm about to pull the trigger on an unlocked S10+. Just to avoid initial batch issues and kinks(because I'm phone anal, lol), where's the best place to pick one up that's likely the freshest off the assembly line, with a recent build date? Do I go through Samsung.com, or BestBuy.com?

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I bet the ceramic one doesn't resonate when on speaker phone or listening to YouTube with anything 50% in volume or over. The note 9 definitely felt more solid to me. I think Samsung did make some cost cutting on the s10+, cue the single chrome frame and none color coded camera surround which is the same on any color s10+ one buys.
I have the ceramic S10+ and have to say it feels no less solid than my Note 9. Been living with this since launch and it's been a champ just like the Note 9 was. Based on my experience, both devices are solid for sure. If someone were to ask me what my preference would be between both devices. I'd go with S10+ assuming SPEN not a factor.

My choosing the S10+ over note 9 is simple. Ergonomics and form factor. It's just better. Yeah slippery but so is the Note.

We all knows that the S10+ has some upgrades that the Note 9 doesn't have but they are negligible.

The reality is they are both quality devices from build right on through to design. I don't think Samsung cut any corners on the S10+. Definitely not on price!!!

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Tiok my wife to Verizon Saturday.
Talked to several of my friends with note 9.
Asked them if they thought about getting a S10+.
They said does it have a stylus.
I said No.
Then why would we want it..
We don't want a phone without the stylus.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Tiok my wife to Verizon Saturday.
Talked to several of my friends with note 9.
Asked them if they thought about getting a S10+.
They said does it have a stylus.
I said No.
Then why would we want it..
We don't want a phone without the stylus.
It's been said several times if you need or want the s pen then stay with the note, otherwise the s series is fine. I can go either way.

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
Where is the best place to buy an unlocked S10+ that's fresh off the assembly line, with a fairly recent build date? I've wanted to wait until any issues were worked out with the initial batches, but now I'm ready to buy. Do I order direct from Samsung, or do I go to Best Buy?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Where is the best place to buy an unlocked S10+ that's fresh off the assembly line, with a fairly recent build date? I've wanted to wait until any issues were worked out with the initial batches, but now I'm ready to buy. Do I order direct from Samsung, or do I go to Best Buy?
No matter where you buy a new one it will be factory fresh.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe