Though I had stuck pixels, its a lot worst (pictures)

Bruno28

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm new to the Galaxy S5 from always having an iPhone.

Ive found a problem on my GS5 screen and would like to share with all of you and maybe get feedback.

SO initially I had 3 small dots right in the middle of the screen. I tried to find out if it was dead pixel or stuck pixel.
I did the RBG and Black screen test and I didn't know what else to do.

After a closer inspection with screen off, I was still able to see the 3 dots. I got a Macro lens camera and took a picture only to find out that its air bubbles on the glass screen. This is possible to visualise as I used a flashlight and there was the bubble shadows on the AMOLED screen.

Anyone ever seen this?
Im going to try and get a replacement, even though it was bought online.

Bubbles

Close-up on Bubbles (clearly visible)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Those are very nice macro shots! But yeah, you should try to get this replaced even if it was bought online (as long as you bought it from a legit retailer and not some guy with an operations center in his mom's garage). Might even be able to get it fixed at a Samsung Repair Center if there's one near you.

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
IMO the phone you got it from where just tell them that you need replace right now but that seems the phone is refurbished and not new phone

Posted via the Android Central App

Bruno28

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Those are very nice macro shots! But yeah, you should try to get this replaced even if it was bought online (as long as you bought it from a legit retailer and not some guy with an operations center in his mom's garage). Might even be able to get it fixed at a Samsung Repair Center if there's one near you.

The seller is a big online business in Australia, they told me to send it back and they will pay for shipping back.
But that means i won't have a phone for at least 10 days! Do you think if i go to a samsung shop they would exchange for me on the spot?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The seller is a big online business in Australia, they told me to send it back and they will pay for shipping back.
But that means i won't have a phone for at least 10 days! Do you think if i go to a samsung shop they would exchange for me on the spot?
Probably would take less IF they have the part available. If not, they'd have to ask for it and at best, they could let you keep the phone while they wait for the part to arrive, but that's unlikely. But, if there's one nearby to you, it's worth a try. I know I'd die without my phone for 10 days haha

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

Unless if you really need a phone then you could go to the samsung shop and see if they can swap it under warranty (plus it doesn't hurt to try). Unless you have a spare phone laying around for temporary use and If you can wait 10 days without a phone then I would send it back and have them send you a new one.

Bruno28

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Since the phone is a European Market version it can't be replaced by Samsung Australia, I will have to send it to the online store and wait for a new one to be sent to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX