Thought this was funny and interesting.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by badbrad17
I look at it as what can I get out of my investment. People that switch to Mac and all of a sudden get this enlightened experience are not comparing the same systems or the same amount they spend. My friend was running a crappy $400 HP laptop and had all kinds of problems with it then she buys a $3000 MBP and was suddenly surprised at how amazing this machine is. Hello? I have been building custom PC's my whole life. I do that because PC's are not like Mac's. They can be compiled by anyone, so there is a huge difference in what you get. Some are complete crap. But if you know what to buy then they can be great. I would read up on what was good for components and put together an amazing computer that would last me many years. Most people just walk in to Best Buy and pick up a low to mid range PC and think it should be like a Mac that costs twice as much. If I try to build the most expensive PC possible I would be hard pressed to spend $1500. This would get me a system with the fastest technology possible in a nice desktop case with 24GB of ram, 4 TB hard drive with the latest CPU and a 2GB video card. I can't even consider this on a Mac. The cheapest Mac Pro system is $2500 and this only comes with 6GB of RAM, 1TB of HD space and a crappy ATI card worth about $99. There is no comparison. If I spent $2500 I could run NASA from my house.
My custom build:
i7 quad core over clocked(4.0Ghz)
16GB vengeance RAM@ 1600mhz
128GB SSD in RAID-0 with another 128GB SSD
GPU:nvidia gtx 660
Case" cooler master.

Whats your point?
Oh and btw that Mac pro is from 2010 an update is coming out later this year to it and then your PC will get crushed(unless you be a sneaky ******* and upgrade the **** out of it:p).

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by badbrad17
Ya except that Ram and SSD are you guessed it. Double the price of any other part for the PC. It's like Vikings are running the show at Apple. Rape and Pillage!
I payed 100 dollars to hget the RAM and upgrade it myself, SSD? 300.
The custom build was a Mac? If it was then it certainly was a lot more than $1500. If it was a Hacintosh then it's not a Mac anymore than my custom PC is a Dell etc. And the $400 to upgrade your old mbp is still 30% of the entire price of a new Dell Ultra book, so for me that's still too much for an upgrade on a 3 year old system.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
The custom build was a Mac? If it was then it certainly was a lot more than $1500. If it was a Hacintosh then it's not a Mac anymore than my custom PC is a Dell etc. And the $400 to upgrade your old mbp is still 30% of the entire price of a new Dell Ultra book, so for me that's still too much for an upgrade on a 3 year old system.

Nope running windows 7, MS hit the nail on the head with W7
Don't forget that those 400 dollar upgrade price is also goes for any other laptop.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Nope running windows 7, MS hit the nail on the head with W7
Don't forget that those 400 dollar upgrade price is also goes for any other laptop.
I thought you said you were using a Mac?

I never upgrade my laptops. I use them for very basic stuff so I usually by a cheap $400 system and replace it every 2-3 years. Then give it to my kids to destroy. Lol.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I thought you said you were using a Mac?

I never upgrade my laptops. I use them for very basic stuff so I usually by a cheap $400 system and replace it every 2-3 years. Then give it to my kids to destroy. Lol.

I have a MacBook Pro not a Mac desktop.
One thing Macs don't have are is selection of games which is why I built myself the PC.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I definitely want them to get better, but I'll never be a customer of theirs... might sound weird, I guess. I like the impact on the industry and I have a lot of friends and 1 family member that have iPhones and several friends that have iPads and I want their experience to get better too.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I definitely want them to get better, but I'll never be a customer of theirs... might sound weird, I guess. I like the impact on the industry and I have a lot of friends and 1 family member that have iPhones and several friends that have iPads and I want their experience to get better too.

And Apple shall deliver this year :D( I may use my iPhone more if its any good)
I tried using my iPod touch the other day and using iOS made me truly appreciate android.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I think one of the big issues Apple will run into is a fragmented eco system. I know that sounds odd with all the bashing that goes on towards Android, but it's a different problem. Their apps are designed with different resolutions and sizes in mind so doing any drastic changes could negatively impact older devices. Android gets slammed for their tablet apps just scaling to fit but this is actually better than how Apple does it because the apps can scale better on any resolution. Apple needs a large screen option for the iPhone but I'm not sure how they can pull it off. They will need to either lower their ppi on the existing iphone or make it 2048x1536 which is no small feat on a smaller device. Who knows maybe they can sort it out.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I think one of the big issues Apple will run into is a fragmented eco system. I know that sounds odd with all the bashing that goes on towards Android, but it's a different problem. Their apps are designed with different resolutions and sizes in mind so doing any drastic changes could negatively impact older devices. Android gets slammed for their tablet apps just scaling to fit but this is actually better than how Apple does it because the apps can scale better on any resolution. Apple needs a large screen option for the iPhone but I'm not sure how they can pull it off. They will need to either lower their ppi on the existing iphone or make it 2048x1536 which is no small feat on a smaller device. Who knows maybe they can sort it out.

Maybe they can pose a challenge to Android again.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Hopefully

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey

You don't quite know how iOS works. Any changes in resolution don't impact the old devices. When the 5 came out, it's taller screen had zero effect on older devices. Apple has a library of apis that adapt the OS to different types of screen sizes and resolutions (like android) that pretty much makes it impossible for any devices to be negatively impacted by an expanded set of resolutions. Similarly, apps are required to be built to support large and small screen formats if they're a universal app, a requirement that basically fits the app onto any screen size you can imagine.

Going by apples history, if they make a larger iPhone it will keep the 5s PPI and would be done by adding pixels until they reach the desired screen size.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey

You don't quite know how iOS works. Any changes in resolution don't impact the old devices. When the 5 came out, it's taller screen had zero effect on older devices. Apple has a library of apis that adapt the OS to different types of screen sizes and resolutions (like android) that pretty much makes it impossible for any devices to be negatively impacted by an expanded set of resolutions. Similarly, apps are required to be built to support large and small screen formats if they're a universal app, a requirement that basically fits the app onto any screen size you can imagine.

Going by apples history, if they make a larger iPhone it will keep the 5s PPI and would be done by adding pixels until they reach the desired screen size.

So by that you mean a non standard hd size?

But what if they want to widen it? Like in the case of a Note 2 size. Would they have to create adjusted apps for that? The iPhone 5 sometimes has black bars on the sides. Wouldn't that be the case if the created a larger phone with yet another size?

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

But what if they want to widen it? Like in the case of a Note 2 size. Would they have to create adjusted apps for that? The iPhone 5 sometimes has black bars on the sides. Wouldn't that be the case if the created a larger phone with yet another size?

Yes, but Apple would give developers the right tools to optimise it for he bigger display, the biggest issue I have with apple right now(*gasp*) is the puny screen size on the 4S, the 5's 4" screen believe it or not is much better but still tiny compared to my N4

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but Apple would give developers the right tools to optimise it for he bigger display, the biggest issue I have with apple right now(*gasp*) is the puny screen size on the 4S, the 5's 4" screen believe it or not is much better but still tiny compared to my N4
I agree. The screens always look gorgeous. Just too small.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Sort of. With iOS 6 they started including the apis to fix that. Its up to developers to include it in their apps. (which apple is requiring if they want to get their apps or updates approved)

If they were to widen it they would just add another row of pixels like they did to lengthen the 5s screen.