Thought this was funny and interesting.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My wife has promised that if anything happens to me and I'm unable to, she will teach my daughters how to properly hate the Templars and destroy their evil, with absolutely viscous violence, whenever they encounter it.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
"To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic." - Ezio

The context I most often use it in is "Nothing is True just because someone wrote it down or said it". It's encouragement to use one's own faculty for reason and to weigh individual facts in the context of the larger picture. Additionally, relative to the quantum physics understanding of reality, it's quite literally true that nothing is real as all is a perception of events that take place in the form of waves of energy. Each person perceives reality slightly differently, as perception is a chemical and electrical interpretation of sensory data. If everyone exists in a slightly different reality, it is true to say that there is no constant underlying reality, and therefore nothing is absolute. -Wallaby

(I've written in depth on this concept in other media, not sure why but it's a fun context to apply to many subjects..)
Really? That's not true.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Always. But there is only one phone that gives you choices. ANDROID baby. iPhone gives you one choice.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

3 actually:p and Apple is rumored to introduce a different iPhone that is cheaper, and again many people are happy with the only choice apple provides.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
3 actually:p and Apple is rumored to introduce a different iPhone that is cheaper, and again many people are happy with the only choice apple provides.

3? Ok, they offer 1 modern choice and 2 outdated choices that are cheaper than the modern one.... that's like saying, "you can buy an S3 or an S4!" Yeah, both Sammy Galaxy devices, same thing, different version :p I hope Apple doesn't offer low end iPhones. The iPad Mini is garbage (specs wise) and honestly, without the "premium" argument, Apple loses their only leg to stand on. They've already been beaten in features and usability... what we need from Apple is "WOW!!!!!" Not, "oooo, shinier Apple on the back" type stuff.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
3? Ok, they offer 1 modern choice and 2 outdated choices that are cheaper than the modern one.... that's like saying, "you can buy an S3 or an S4!" Yeah, both Sammy Galaxy devices, same thing, different version :p I hope Apple doesn't offer low end iPhones. The iPad Mini is garbage (specs wise) and honestly, without the "premium" argument, Apple loses their only leg to stand on. They've already been beaten in features and usability... what we need from Apple is "WOW!!!!!" Not, "oooo, shinier Apple on the back" type stuff.

And even if they come out with "WOW!!!!!" I still won't buy it. :) I appreciate Apple's contribution to the mobile world, but will never be their customer. Nexus is where it's at, until it's not, then something else will be. Nexus is, in my opinion, leading in design, they're consistently beating the other OEM's in specs (during same year release, given it's easier for them to release Q4) and the software owns the heck out of any of the Android Based devices, which own iOS which own BlackBerry which owns Windows which owns ... a Microsoft logo on a tin can with a string?

Bottom line, Apple is in 2nd place right now, 4th if you consider it by manufacturer and not OS (obviously I'm referring to total user experience quality, not market share, although on OS they are in 2nd on market share, where Android is still 1/2 mobile devices, Apple still leads in #1 brand of hardware in the market, followed by Sammy). Racing to the bottom won't help, it just creates revenue, not innovation. Since they're not hurting for cash, it's just silly. (I know it's good business, but we want progress, not profits. Apple being insanely profitable only matters if you're the CEO).

(yes, I know I just replied to my own post)