Thoughts about the Nexus 6

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Ahh I meant is the blue case a fingerprint magnet more so than the white one as I know phones get prints but I just wondered if the White looks a bit better :)
Oh sorry I got you not anymore so. Besides I have one was the brand skins on mine and red carbon fiber plus I thin plastic shell case on my phone as well so I forgot all about that to be honest with you.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
So I was just curious as to what everyone was thinking about the Nexus 6 even after the 5 X and the 6p are out. All the same hardware and software pretty much. I am still in love with my Nexus 6 regardless. And this will be the longest time I have owned one particular phone. Lol just want to share this with everyone.

I bought the Nexus 6 (and the Google/android support that comes with it) with the thought of keeping it for 2 years.

I still like the phone, I've had no issues with it. I plan on buying a 2016 Nexus next year at release.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Nexus 6 (and the Google/android support that comes with it) with the thought of keeping it for 2 years.

I still like the phone, I've had no issues with it. I plan on buying a 2016 Nexus next year at release.
I mean I'm sure for my next one, I would most likely stay with a Nexus phone. But I love it over all there is absolutely no reason for me to switch out this point period

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey Crash I remember you saying you have four in your household :) as for prices can I just remind you that the prices I quoted are in pounds Stirling I will list the US Dollars prices that I can get them for below

Nexus 6 $339 US Dollars :)
Style/Pure $500
X Force/Droid Turbo 2 $678

So now they are in US Dollars is the Nexus still a good deal as I know you guys did get this phone quite cheap recently!
I paid $350 for the last 2 we bought a while back. I think they can be had here now for $299. That's new, in the box.

I mean I'm sure for my next one, I would most likely stay with a Nexus phone. But I love it over all there is absolutely no reason for me to switch out this point period
I've always made it a point to buy phones running vanilla Android, beginning with the original HTC G1. Even if I intended to root it. Well, with one exception a few years ago. What a mistake. I'm staying with Nexus phones. I think I'll have the Nexus 6 as my daily driver for a couple more years.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I paid $350 for the last 2 we bought a while back. I think they can be had here now for $299. That's new, in the box.

I've always made it a point to buy phones running vanilla Android, beginning with the original HTC G1. Even if I intended to root it. Well, with one exception a few years ago. What a mistake. I'm staying with Nexus phones. I think I'll have the Nexus 6 as my daily driver for a couple more years.
Me too as well.,, I mean I've had Motorola MOTO X phone since they first came out. Just wanted to try something new and I've always wanted the Nexus Google phone so I went for that.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So I was just curious as to what everyone was thinking about the Nexus 6 even after the 5 X and the 6p are out.

You know, I'm really smitten with the 6P... Lots of good stuff... BUT...

I'm having a hard time justifying getting rid of my Nexus 6. It runs awesome, battery's going great, be Google Camera has improved the pics, etc. I have a lot of reasons to buy a new 6P, but zero reasons to get rid of the 6.

jackzfun

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I just got a Nexus 6 during the Amazon Black Friday sale. An amazing price! Since I"m just getting underway with it I don't have a lot to say yet. But--so far it's all good. Super smooth, the size is way more manageable than I thought, and the fit/finish is great. I'll miss my first gen Moto X. It's served me well but it's time. Obviously I'm not someone who needs the absolute latest phone.....

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I just got a Nexus 6 during the Amazon Black Friday sale. An amazing price! Since I"m just getting underway with it I don't have a lot to say yet. But--so far it's all good. Super smooth, the size is way more manageable than I thought, and the fit/finish is great. I'll miss my first gen Moto X. It's served me well but it's time. Obviously I'm not someone who needs the absolute latest phone.....

The size is a funny thing. Me, personally, I got huge hands, so I can one-hand the thing for 95% of the time. But I can see how someone coming from a smaller phone or has small hands, would kind of have issues. That being said, there are advantages to the size. Watching video on the thing is a dream. Between that massive screen and the front facing speakers, watching a movie on phone is quite enjoyable.

As far as needing the absolute latest phone... This was a funny generation for phones. The last of the previous generation... The Nexus 6 and Note 4, the ones powered by the Snapdragon 805 chip, really don't give up all that much to the newer phones. In terms of pure power, phones like the S6, Note 5 and 6P are faster, but the 805 is no slouch and actually can outperform the newer chips under extended heavy loads because the 805 doesn't have to throttle nearly as quickly or as much (to reduce heat) the new 810 and Exynos chips.

When looking at things head to head with the 6P.... all things considered, I am really only gaining a better camera and a FPS. Which isn't trivial, but it's a short list. The screen may be better, but I have no qualms with the Nexus 6 screen... the 6P is faster, but its like saying a 210 mph car is faster than a 200mph car... the latter still goes 200. And everything else is kind of a wash since functionally speaking the 6 and 6P run identical versions of Android... (unlike, say, Touchwiz, where two phones running the same version will look and feel different).

I'm still considering getting a 6P, but I'm still hemming and hawing far more than I expected.... and that is 100% because the Nexus 6 is so awesome.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The size is a funny thing. Me, personally, I got huge hands, so I can one-hand the thing for 95% of the time. But I can see how someone coming from a smaller phone or has small hands, would kind of have issues. That being said, there are advantages to the size. Watching video on the thing is a dream. Between that massive screen and the front facing speakers, watching a movie on phone is quite enjoyable.

As far as needing the absolute latest phone... This was a funny generation for phones. The last of the previous generation... The Nexus 6 and Note 4, the ones powered by the Snapdragon 805 chip, really don't give up all that much to the newer phones. In terms of pure power, phones like the S6, Note 5 and 6P are faster, but the 805 is no slouch and actually can outperform the newer chips under extended heavy loads because the 805 doesn't have to throttle nearly as quickly or as much (to reduce heat) the new 810 and Exynos chips.

When looking at things head to head with the 6P.... all things considered, I am really only gaining a better camera and a FPS. Which isn't trivial, but it's a short list. The screen may be better, but I have no qualms with the Nexus 6 screen... the 6P is faster, but its like saying a 210 mph car is faster than a 200mph car... the latter still goes 200. And everything else is kind of a wash since functionally speaking the 6 and 6P run identical versions of Android... (unlike, say, Touchwiz, where two phones running the same version will look and feel different).

I'm still considering getting a 6P, but I'm still hemming and hawing far more than I expected.... and that is 100% because the Nexus 6 is so awesome.
I'm in the cool thing about the Nexus 6 p is the camera but it's also camera software and hardware and software have a relationship together. As far as the camera software I'm still on lollipop because I'm rooted / unlocked as I've said many times before due to the iOS emoticons and a half for that. But there is a marshmallow camera software upgrade that would be nice to have. I'm just dealing with the camera application for now but he was decent enough and I can deal with it. But on that the Nexus 6 is a beautiful phone and the styling of Lies is a beautiful looked as well. I still think that the Nexus 6 P looks like a hammerhead shark on the back lol

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
the 6P is faster, but its like saying a 210 mph car is faster than a 200mph car... the latter still goes 200.

Unless you run a tweaked custom rom. ;) My N6 is probably faster than 99.99999999999999% of the phones on the planet. Even running stock, I doubt anyone would notice a difference in real world usage. The SD 805 is still a beast.