Thoughts on Iphone X? Are you jumping ship?

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Me too! I laughed hysterically when he couldn't unlock it on the keynote presentation! He had to do a double-take of it basically. Yes, unfortunately. Unfortunately ever since Steve Jobs died the company is not revolutionary anymore apple is just a status knock off of a lot of Android phones particularly Samsung Galaxy phones. Most if not all the features of the iPhone x are on the Galaxy S8 S8 plus phones. Especially the Note 8. I'm not even trying to sound too biased against Apple but it's hard not to when all of their Futures are duplicated from Android manufacturers. For example when they had the last keynote speech with iOS 11.1 beta and they showed off the present hold for different secondary symbols on the keyboard, android keyboard such as gboard and SwiftKey and basically all Android keyboard have had that feature for years.
What made the company revolutionary? They didn't even invent the iPod or come up with itunes...

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
What made the company revolutionary? They didn't even invent the iPod or come up with itunes...
They revolutionized the mobile phone industry. When the iPhone first came out, it was less expensive than the Windows Mobile PDA phones, which were most of the only touch screen phones available at that time. Basically it made touch available to the masses in a less clunky interface, and it clicked. It basically signaled the death of keypad based phones.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

They didn't but what made them revolutionary is finding an already existing product, seeing the potential, making it better then making everyone believe they NEED it. They still do that today

bnice

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe Apple do things better. It's all a matter of preference. They do things to make money. Now that they added wireless charging, you can bet they will come out with a proprietary version. It's that greed I do not like about this company.

reinbeau

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe Apple do things better. It's all a matter of preference. They do things to make money. Now that they added wireless charging, you can bet they will come out with a proprietary version. It's that greed I do not like about this company.
The amount of smoke and mirrors surrounding Apple, the benevolent, vs. for example, back in the day, Microsoft, the evil, is why I eat apples and not use them. They are as proprietary as all get out but the fan boys (and girls) will never see it.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
As a criminal defense attorney I strongly advise against clients depending on facial recognition. It's a complex issue but just don't do it.

reinbeau

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
As a criminal defense attorney I strongly advise against clients depending on facial recognition. It's a complex issue but just don't do it.
Doug, please elaborate. Is it because they can force you to open your phone if they know it's by facial recognition, but you can 'forget' a PIN number?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well... that and you can claim to be stupid and forget a PIN or your pattern. You can't forget your face or your fingerprint.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Doug, please elaborate. Is it because they can force you to open your phone if they know it's by facial recognition, but you can 'forget' a PIN number?
The short answer is that the 5th Amendment protects you from self-incrimination, allowing you to withhold PIN or password info. Physical features are not consider intellectual property and aren't secured by your cognizant and conscious willpower. Instead, they can be used against you even if unwilling or unconscious.

This is why most corporate security policies don't allow lock features that can be used outside of conscious will. That pretty much limits locking to PIN, password or (in certain cases) complex and irregular pattern matching like BlackBerry Picture Password. Swipe, fingerprint, iris and facial recognition are all off the list.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Er sorry....but Samsung has overtaken apple in the profit stakes. And what, if you or I sell an old phone or a car, we're not going to hold out for as much as we can get??? Enjoy capitalism

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Er sorry....but Samsung has overtaken apple in the profit stakes. And what, if you or I sell an old phone or a car, we're not going to hold out for as much as we can get??? Enjoy capitalism
Samsung overtook Apple by selling to the lower ends of the market. Not exactly due to flagships.

Ten Four

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I really can't understand why everyone is so obsessed with apples new phone..
^^This^^ It replaces religion for a lot of people. I have a feeling nobody has ever thought on their deathbed, "I wish I had that new iPhone." Purchase a phone that helps you do what you want to in life, iPhone or otherwise, and view it as a tool to achieve your goals. Don't worship the device.

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded the new os to my iphone and it's meh....that was one thing I wanted to experience before thinking about buying an expensive phone...if the camera blows everything else away maybe...

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded the new os to my iphone and it's meh....that was one thing I wanted to experience before thinking about buying an expensive phone...if the camera blows everything else away maybe...
There were some improvements. I don't like the font changes. But, overall, it's an improvement.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't keep anything shady that would incriminate me on my phone so I don't have to worry about cops using my face to unlock it. I'd gladly unlock it myself. lol I keep a strong password on it though in case I lose it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad