Thoughts on Verizon's "More Everything" Plan

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I know Margie is not a troll. I have seen her post many times. That's sad your family was pushed out. I know someone who has his own. And hasn't had a problem. I worked for him. That's a real shame.
Agreeing Verizon is expensive. Glad I get corporate discount. But I have been with them for years and can't think of using another carrier. Am very particular about service and Verizon is the best. AT&T is close to their pricing.
I also sold multi carriers before going solo with Verizon. Always pleasant with customer care. Not so much with the others. I always have coverage. My friends who have other services have issues. I won't switch.

Posted via Android Central App

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I know Margie is not a troll. I have seen her post many times. That's sad your family was pushed out. I know someone who has his own. And hasn't had a problem. I worked for him. That's a real shame.
Agreeing Verizon is expensive. Glad I get corporate discount. But I have been with them for years and can't think of using another carrier. Am very particular about service and Verizon is the best. AT&T is close to their pricing.
I also sold multi carriers before going solo with Verizon. Always pleasant with customer care. Not so much with the others. I always have coverage. My friends who have other services have issues. I won't switch.

Posted via Android Central App
Thank you Jude, I appreciate that! Yes it was very sad that VZW made it very hard for non-corporate store owners to compete with the corporate stores. My husband and I know a guy in Tucson who had 7 stores and they forced him into closing all of them last year. So glad your friend is doing well, but may be a matter of time. I do agree that we too have great service/coverage with VZW. We also had a corp. discount (20%) which we recently lost!

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
How do they do that? By terminating the franchise agreement?
I'm really not sure as I don't know all the contract facts of their agreement, but I know at the point that my parents finally closed their stores, (they actually retired) VZW just kept taking more and more away from them.....residuals, made them pay more for the phones, while offering better deals to consumers at the corporate stores, etc.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand it because they too are important to Verizon growth.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't really know where people are getting the idea that Verizon is forcing out private retail stores. The city I live in there is one corporate store, and 5 premium retail stores. Two of them owned by the same company. The next closest corporate stores is a good 2 hours a way, while there is yet another privately owned store the next town over. I think there is a total of 15 plus premium retailers in my state alone (that may even be low) and only like 5 corporate stores. Also as far as I know premium retailers control their own inventory like a best buy or Walmart selling Verizon would. They don't get their phones directly from Verizon.

Big Red Note 3

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't really know where people are getting the idea that Verizon is forcing out private retail stores. The city I live in there is one corporate store, and 5 premium retail stores. Two of them owned by the same company. The next closest corporate stores is a good 2 hours a way, while there is yet another privately owned store the next town over. I think there is a total of 15 plus premium retailers in my state alone (that may even be low) and only like 5 corporate stores. Also as far as I know premium retailers control their own inventory like a best buy or Walmart selling Verizon would. They don't get their phones directly from Verizon.
We have only corporate stores where I live. All of the non-corporate stores are gone and have been for awhile.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Big Red Note 3

The idea? The OP said she knew the people...

Just because it isn't happening in your area doesn't mean it's like that for the whole country.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank for those who supported me, and although this topic really wasn't about corporare stores; Yes I do know first hand that my family WAS forced out, and more recently a friend in our business network group as well! It is a true fact.....my parents DID have to buy phones directly from Verizon....as the poster above did not believe. Enough said!

Margie

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Thank for those who supported me, and although this topic really wasn't about corporare stores; Yes I do know first hand that my family WAS forced out, and more recently a friend in our business network group as well! It is a true fact.....my parents DID have to buy phones directly from Verizon....as the poster above did not believe. Enough said!

Margie

Funny none of the stores in my area get their inventory from Verizon directly, just like WalMart/Best Buy etc don't. If anyone if putting the small privately owned stores out of business it's 3rd party large chain stores like Best Buy and others, or even places like Wirefly and Amazon. Verizon openly promotes privately owned stores, even lists them on their website, especially in areas they can't get a corporate store into. One of the privately premium retailers in my area has stores all over the country. Yes, a person owning one or two of these stores may not survive for long, but it's not Verizon directly forcing them out. If they are having trouble competing with corporate stores, well then that is one thing. But Verizon has a position within it's company specifically assigned to going around and training and dealing with non corporate stores, actually 2 positions, 1 that deals with the big corporate chains, and another that deals with the smaller premium retailers.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
The idea? The OP said she knew the people...

Just because it isn't happening in your area doesn't mean it's like that for the whole country.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

I am well aware of how the premium retailers work. I also have only lived where I live now for little less than 2 years, when I moved half way across the country. My hometown still has a premium retailer in town, and in a much more populated area, with a lot more corporate stores in a smaller radius there were just as many premium retailers there as well.

Example:

In my home town there were 50 stores in a 75 mile radius, 25 of them corporate, and 25 of them non Verizon owned.

In Minneapolis in a 75 mile radius, 49 stores, 24 corporate and 25 non Verizon owned stores.

In Chicago, Dallas, and Los Angeles the same kind of numbers in a 75 mile radius. Miami actually has more non Verizon owned stores in a 75 mile radius than corporate stores.

So clearly it's not just "my area".

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I I would like to also say that in no way was I saying the said person is lying about what they are saying, maybe more misinformed Idk. But there is a reason the premium retailers offer there own protection plans and why products in their stores like accessories are different, pricing being different on the phones etc. I may seem like some Verizon fanboy nut but there are things I don't like either. But sometimes people seem to have the big bad wolf syndrome when it comes to Verizon. Everyone of these companies is in it to make money, all have their strong points and down points. But again, some of the info I seen thrown around is not accurate. It may have some validity , but not be 100% accurate.

For example people say all the time "Well AT&T can offer 4 lines and 10GB of data for $160, Verizon can't touch that."

The thing AT&T leaves out in their commercial is that plan requires all those phones to be on their Next program (like Verizon' Edge), so yes the plan is $160 but your bill will not be, because it does not include the payments for the phones. In the end Verizon's plan ends up being $20 more, and they include 25GB of cloud storage that will back up music, photos, contacts, documents, text messages etc for each phone.

Big Red Note 3

Last edited:

rjr1209

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I I would like to also say that in no way saying the said person is lying about what they are saying, or maybe is misinformed Idk. But there is a reason the premium retailers offer there own protection plans and why products in there stores like accessories being different, pricing being different on the phones etc. I may seem like some Verizon fanboy nut there are things I don't like either. But sometimes people seem to have the big bad wolf syndrome when it comes to Verizon. Everyone of these companies is it to make money, all have their strong points and down points. But again, some of the info I seen thrown around is not accurate. It may not be 100% accurate.

For example people say all the time "Well AT&T can offer 4 lines and 10GB of data for $160, Verizon can't touch that."

The thing AT&T leaves out in their commercial is that plan requires all those phones to be on their Next program (like Verizon' Edge), so yes the plan is $160 but your bill will not be, because it does not include the payments for the phones. In the end Verizon's plan ends up being $20 more, and they include 25GB of cloud store that will back up music, photos, contacts, documents, text messages etc for each phone.

Big Red Note 3
I was going to make that switch to at&t (from Verizon) for the 3 line for $145 unlimited talk & text with 10gigs went on there website only to find out u have to b on that next program which would be about $245/month didn't c the point to make the switch.... Going to stay with Verizon

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app