Thunderbolt - Best Buy Availability/Pricing/Ordering Discussion

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Having worked for Best Buy I can confirm that unless something has changed since I worked there, they have never honored NE2. They will give it to you at 2 year upgrade price, but they physically aren't capable of honoring the NE2. If they could they probably would.

Ricom1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Just talked to Best Buy...didn't like the conversation. I told the lady that I preordered mine on Feb 8th and was making sure everything was set to go on Thursday.

• BB: We haven't received any official information on the release yet.
  • Me: It's on BB's webpage...it's officially been announced there and by VZW
  • BB: We haven't heard it here..but it's in our system showing that it will be released on Thursday.
  • Me: So what time do you open?
  • BB: Well, we'll start calling people tomorrow to set up appointments because we might not receive enough phones for all the preorders. If we get 20 phones and we have 40 preorders...we can't give them out to everyone.
  • Me: Well, can you tell me which number I am?
  • BB: You're number 4 on the list
  • Me: So it shouldn't be a problem with me getting one
  • BB: I can't say for sure.
  • Me: You SHOULD get more than 4 phones in for the first shipment, I should be fine right?.
  • BB: I don't know.
  • Me: Well if I don't get a phone call tomorrow for setting up a time, I'll just show up first thing when the doors open.
  • BB: Ok.

I know they've been jerked around too...but when they don't give the #4 guy on the wait list some sort of confirmation....well that just wasn't comforting.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

cwahl

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE... now it's live... ALSO PHONE IS 199.99 with 2 year from verizon. I got mine for 229.99 WITH A ONE YEAR... **** YOU BEST BUY! 249.99 MY ASS IN STORE + TAX=NOT FOR ME

cwahl

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Mobile Number: 480-XXX-XXXX
Contract Renewal: 1-year contract
Due Now
--------------

Equipment Upgrade:
1 HTC ThunderBolt $229.99

Included accessories for HTC ThunderBolt:
Standard Lithium Ion Battery, Wall/USB charger,
32GB microSD card, Product Safety Warranty Statement,