Thunderbolt Thursday Waiting Room HERE!

johndabeast

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Order Online from Verizon?

I wen to the Verizon Wireless online site, and can't seem to be able to order the phone. Am I looking in the wrong spot? Or is it just not on their website? I was hoping they would do like what they did for the iPhail 4, and ship preorders a day early. Anyone else try this yet?

fire n ice

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
There are no preorders on Verizon's website (or through them at all for that matter). Your only options for preorder are through Wirefly.com or in a Best Buy store.

jinxygrrl

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I know I asked last night about VZW putting the phone on my first month's bill, as opposed to paying for it in the store at the time of purchase. As a new Verizon customer, does anyone know if there's a limit to how high the bill can be (in other words, will the first month, and the $250 price fit on one bill, or will I need to pay at least some of it in the store)? And is there something I need to do to qualify for it (credit check, my bill history at AT&T, etc.)? I have a wedding this weekend, and would prefer not to pay for the phone at the same time I'm paying for all that other stuff. Thanks for any help.

I'm not sure there is an exact price. I tried to order a phone that way a while back and I had a balance on my account so they wouldn't give me that option. But a week later, after I paid my bill, I tried again and they billed it to my account. I believe it was back with the Original Droid, so it was a couple hundred bucks.
:)

beamon05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure there is an exact price. I tried to order a phone that way a while back and I had a balance on my account so they wouldn't give me that option. But a week later, after I paid my bill, I tried again and they billed it to my account. I believe it was back with the Original Droid, so it was a couple hundred bucks.
:)

Thank you. Hopefully since I'm a new customer and won't have any balance on my account yet, they'll be able to bill it.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Wirefly Ordering Info/Policies:
  • $199 with contract upgrade/new line of service.
  • $649 off contract.
  • Free 2 day shipping, 19.99 for next day. No State Sales Tax
  • New contract/line of service: You have 14 days to exchange or return it for a 100% refund of your purchase price.
  • No contract/full price: You cannot break the seal on the box! and it must be returned within 14 days!! I actually canceled my order because of this policy.

Are you saying on new contract you can return the phone even if you break seal on the box?

Or

If you buy phone off contract you can only return with 14 days if you did not break the seal?

Or

Both?

Sorry if this simple question but reallying debating buying from wirefly, but this became one of my concerns. The reason why is if I am not able to add verizon insurance plan after activation I want be able to return phone and get a full refund. Yes I only want verizon insurance plan.

jmsdvs

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
For those doing early 2yr upgrades

I called and confirmed you can only do it online. Verizon stores cannot honor the early upgrade.
For example: My contract ends in May, but they are going to let me upgrade early for the Thunderbolt for the 2yr pricing or 1yr pricing, but I can only do that online. You cannot go into a store and ask for that upgrade.
So for those who didn't know that, don't waste your time walking into a corp store and find out they can't do that. If you do find some other information regarding this please let me know, as I would love to just walk into a store and demand my early upgrade there lol. Thanks hope this helped

-James D

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
I called and confirmed you can only do it online. Verizon stores cannot honor the early upgrade.
For example: My contract ends in May, but they are going to let me upgrade early for the Thunderbolt for the 2yr pricing or 1yr pricing, but I can only do that online. You cannot go into a store and ask for that upgrade.
So for those who didn't know that, don't waste your time walking into a corp store and find out they can't do that. If you do find some other information regarding this please let me know, as I would love to just walk into a store and demand my early upgrade there lol. Thanks hope this helped

-James D

Well, I'm due for an upgrade in July and went into a store and they said I CAN get the early upgrade in the store but of course at the time the phone wasn't available (yesterday)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Are you saying on new contract you can return the phone even if you break seal on the box?

If you buy phone off contract you can only return with 14 days if you did not break the seal?

Or

Both?.

This is exactly how Wirefly stated it. I just extracted the important points. If you think I misinterpreted it, or need to update anything to be more clear, let me know:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR MERCHANDISE REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES:
To exchange your cell phone or wireless device for a different model, you must contact Wirefly's Customer Service department within 14 days of your activation or process date to obtain a Return Authorization (RA) number. Equipment-only purchases (devices purchased without a service activation) may be returned only if the package has not been opened and the seal has not been broken OR if the device is deemed to be defective.

Reactions: bunique4life05

anon(149276)

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
On a non-ordering note, did we ever get a definitive answer as to whether there will be a 4G toggle? I remember somebody saying BMX said there was but never saw the source. I tried looking in the manual that was posted and couldn't find anything.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Actually standy by. I know I went off of more info than this. I just can't seem to find the page now :mad:

It doesn't matter. Your interpretation was correct. Buy with a contract you can return the device still once it's opened. Buy the device by itself with no plan and if you open the box, it's yours.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
They send you a lot more detail once you've ordered it. A few experts:

RETURN & EXCHANGE POLICY FOR CONTRACT EXTENSIONS & NEW LINES OF SERVICE
To exchange your purchase for a different device or return it for a 100% refund of your purchase price (excluding shipping and processing fees), you must contact our Customer Service department within 14 days of your activation or process date to obtain a Return Authorization (RA) number.To avoid any unnecessary charges and be eligible for a full refund for your original wireless device, you must ensure that we receive your device in its original, new condition with all of the product literature, manufacturer packaging (device box, box inserts, etc.) and parts included in your shipment within 30 days of your activation or process date. If we do not receive your original device within the 30 day period and/or all items and packaging are not returned in original condition, you will not be eligible for a full refund and may incur additional charges (see Equipment Condition below).

Once we receive your original device and verify it is in its original, new condition, we will issue a credit based on the condition of the return. Acceptable Exchanges will be processed as soon as your original device is received and inspected. If your original device is not received in acceptable condition as noted above, you may not qualify for a credit and you may be liable to repay the Instant Savings Discount you received on your purchase. In such cases, you will receive an email from us with a detailed explanation. Unfortunately, once equipment is received and processed, it cannot be returned to the customer.

RETURN & EXCHANGE POLICY FOR WIRELESS DEVICES WITHOUT A SERVICE ACTIVATION
Cell phones, PDAs, and netbooks purchased without service activation may be returned or exchanged within 14 days of purchase, only if the package has not been opened and the seal has not been broken (see Non-returnable Items, below). If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with your purchase and wish to return or exchange your device for credit or for a different model, please do not open the sealed packaging or use the device.

Once we receive your original device and verify that it is in original, unopened and undamaged condition, we will issue a credit. Acceptable exchanges will be processed as soon as your original device is received and inspected. If the sealed packaging has been opened, it will not be accepted for a return or exchange unless the equipment is deemed to be defective. In such cases you will receive an email from us with a detailed explanation. Once equipment is received and processed, it cannot be returned to the customer.

I wish Amazon carried this phone. 30-day, no questions asked, returns.

Reactions: bunique4life05

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware