Thunderbolt vs Charge

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I want to clarify what folks mean when they say "lag". For me, I'm referring to when a button is clicked and it lags before the action is actually performed. For example, when I click the home button or the return button when I'm in an app, it can take up to 4 seconds to actually perform the action. 4 seconds is on the high end and not the norm. It normally will take around two seconds or so. Like when I hit the messaging button from the home menu, it will take 2+ seconds for the message to actually display. Is this normal for android phones?

Last edited:

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't like messing with ROM's an stuff. I'm thinking about switching back

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk

Sure if you insist on using inferior programing and a slower phone, be my guest. ( I'm referring to a stock charge ). Its no secret that samsung's programer's suck. when people were waiting for the official froyo update for the fascinate because they didn't want to mess with roms and felt that the official release would be trouble free. They were wrong, the development community was better than samsung and it only took weeks to achieve vs month. If there was a problem with the rom's, it was because the leaked build had those inherit problems as well so the final version is generally the same thing as the leaked version but slower and all bloated up and of course the dreaded bing.

Its not hard to root and rom this phone, if you ever played with a charge that is rooted and romed, your head would be blown back by how fast this phone can be without the crappy samsung rfs filing.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Ever time I load of webpage with flash or a lot of graphics then hit the home button, to homescreen has to reload.

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk

To test this, I just loaded GiantBomb which has lots of graphics/flash and then hit my homescreen and it loaded my homescreen instantly.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I want to clarify what folks mean when they say "lag". For me, I'm referring to when a button is clicked and it lags before the action is actually performed. For example, when I click the home button or the return button when I'm in an app, it can take up to 4 seconds to actually perform the action. 4 seconds is on the high end and not the norm. It normally will take around two seconds or so. Like when I hit the messaging button from the home menu, it will take 2+ seconds for the message to actually display. Is this normal for android phones?

I just tested this now again and my biggest lag doing the things you mentioned was max a half second. Coming back to the homescreen from an app was virtually instantaneous. The longest lag I saw was going from the homescreen to the messaging app and that took perhaps a half second. It's certainly nothing I would notice and nothing that makes me think my Iphone was significantly faster.

One thing I did do was go to a 16gig class 10 card. I know that did shorten up the lag coming out of standby. That lag was noticeable until I changed the card. I still think the Iphone is faster coming out of sleep mode, even with my class 10 card, but it's no biggie to me.

jglor

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
This thread has been helpful. I knew I wanted to get one of the two pretty soon. Going to pick up a Charge later this week from Costco.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I had the thunderbolt(bought it full retail because my other phone was on its last leg) now I have an upgrade and ordered the charge and it will be here in a few days. All I can say is after having the tb since launch and going through 5 replacements the charge most likely will be a very welcomed guest lol. I was tired of being into verizon stores nearly everyday and not to mention the screen+battery life blow the tb out of the water. I will report back once my charge gets here and see how i like it.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Made my mind, going to get Charge tomorrow or Wednesday. Friend has TB and seems to like it but has never tried a Charge to compare too.

I had the thunderbolt too and am switching to the charge should be here wed and I cant wait. I am so tired of the issues the thunderbolt has. I mean it feels like the phone was rushed just to be the first LTE phone. I mean come on they put out an update that actually made the phone worse lol. Not to mention it is much easier to root the charge if you like doing that.

CaptDigB

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Can you get a browser that will fit all text on the screen when you zoom in on the charge like the bolt does or do have to pan to read ? How's the browser on the charge? How well does the charge handle flash?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robot sirkit