Ticwatch E vs Fitbit Charge 2 for Fitness - Accuracy and Ecosystem

TrueBlueKew

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a Fitbit Charge 2 and am wanting to make the move to a smartwatch. However, I don't want to go backwards in terms of general health and fitness tracking, particularly in terms of accuracy and ecosystem.

I'm hoping someone with experience with both might chime in with their thoughts and experience. Of main concern are the following:

*Distance walked/ran accuracy
*Accuracy of route walked/ran
*Heart Rate Accuracy at Rested Levels
*Heart Rate Accuracy during active levels (think 8 minute one mile run)
*Sleep Pattern Accuracy and level of detail

Should it help, I'm not a fitness nut - think 2 mile walks 3 times a week, a 1 mile run twice a week. Simple push ups, squats and crunches twice a week. And I'm not looking for a watch with a lot more detail/accuracy over the Fitbit Charge2. I simply don't want to go backwards in terms of detail and accuracy moving from the Charge2 to the Ticwatch E.

Also, I have some slight sleep issues and don't want to move backwards in terms of the level of detail and accuracy that was provided by the Charge 2.

I'm open to Google Fit or any other well reviewed/reliable apps from the Play store.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
TBK

Dagfinn Magerholm

Apr 15, 2018
Visit site
I was one of the early birds for this watch and was very happy with it in the beginning. A full day use and I still had about 20% power left when I went to bed. I had to charge it every day. After some time I noticed that if I tried to use the heart rate monitor or the GPS the battery drained very fast. A running trip for 20 minutes and the watch was dead, even if I had 80% when I started. If I try to use the heart rate monitor the watch is dead within 1 hour no matter how much power I had on it.

I've tried to contact Mobvoi regarding this, but there is no responce in the other end... I have never experienced worse customer service...

In the beginning I was recommending the watch to all my friends, but now I would not recommend someone to get one. I didn't expect to be looking for another watch just a year after I got it.

I would recommend to look elsewhere for a smartwatch, buy a second hand from a more serious brand.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
x2... mirrors my experience with android wear on a moto 360 gen2. GREAT / AWESOME for about a year... then once the support stops its messed up. Buggy, crashy and unreliable. You'll wake up in the morning it works great, then by noon its buggy/laggy unresponsive.

It comes and goes at random.

Hardware wise I have no complaints... its AW / WearOS ecosystem support thats been about 50/50 (good/bad) for me. Even my battery life (typically the biggest complaint) is OK. Even after 2.5 years I still get a good 1.5 days before I need to charge up.

I never could get google fit on my phone to sync accurately with my watch. Steps, calories...etc was always a little off between the two.

Last edited:

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
If you liked the Charge 2, get the charge 3.
The wife had both a preferred the 3.

The Ticwatch E is a totally different animal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf