Time for a hard reset

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had my EVO since day one and I have never done a hard reset. I think its time. Does anyone have step by step instructions on what I should do prior to doing a hard reset? I want all my contacts, apps and settings back to how they are now without spending hours getting things back to how I want.
Thanks

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
True why hard reset? If your rooted you can use back up.pro or titanium. If not you'll loose your settings.

Sent from DroidX running DarkSlide4.2

buggyman

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I have had to do a hard reset before and switch to a new evo. I would write down all apps you have installed. So you can re-install. Also if your contacts saved on your gmail then once you log the phone back in they should all still be there. Just go on your computer and log onto your gmail to make sure it is synced. The rest of the widgets you will just have to remember how to set up. Its really not that bad.

Reactions: Makad

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had to do a hard reset before a couple of times because I downloaded some ROM's i didnt like it and i didnt backup my stock rom (stupid, i know). It isnt that hard, but your contacts should all be backed up into your gmail and use a backup app to backup all your apps, and move as many apps as possible to your SD card.

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Then why do a hard reset?

I have read and heard people say its good to do a hard reset every so often to keep the phone running snappy. Also I don't think my phone is running has snappy as it use too.
Also, thanks to everyone who gave advice.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It all depend on what you're trying to gain from doing this. I did a reset recently because I had done a modification to my phone that I have no reason doing. I had to clear storage to wipe the phone clean.

If you feel you need to do this - then go ahead it's your phone. The device will feel more snappier, and more responsive. What I would recommend you do is.. "Clear Storage". Power device off - hold power and volume down button simultaneously until white screen comes on. Follow steps to clear storage.

Ps. If you're not rooted install AppBrain app from the market. Sign into your Google account and sync all your apps to your Google account. After resetting the device reinstall AppBrain from market login to your account and manually reinstall all your previously installed apps.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

ToddPsyD

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I have read and heard people say its good to do a hard reset every so often to keep the phone running snappy. Also I don't think my phone is running has snappy as it use too.
Also, thanks to everyone who gave advice.

Hey Makad, did you go forward with the hard reset? Did the phone feel snappier, etc...? I to have heard occasional hard resets are good, sort of like a de-frag, I'm considering doing a reset on mine as I install and uninstall a lot of apps, but I don't want to do it if there really isn't a reason!

psycho_maniac

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
use titanium backup if you want all your settings/saved data for your apps
i hard reset my phone all the time, because of flashing roms what i learned is

your phone will automatically pull your contacts, as long as you have that set to sync with your google account

your phone will automatically pull your apps, as long as you have that set to sync as well.

the only thing that wont transfer this way is your saved game data AND most of your settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martinst-uk