Time to revisit getting a smart watch?

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
About 1 and a half years ago I tried to get into smartwatches... I ended up with a a Zenwatch. It was okay but I didn't think the tech had come to match the expectations yet so stopped wearing it. (Bad battery and touchy screen).

After that I simplified and went with a Pepple. To be honest I preferred it because it just worked. It was always on and the button interface was less fiddly than a touch screen on my wrist and the battery lasted forever vs about a day. But after a while I went back to my dressy analog watch because the plastic Time2 was looking a bit cheap.

Of course I can't resist anything tech and was looking at the S3 Classic/frontier now.

Is this anyone's second attempt at liking a wearable and does this watch do it for you? I have a GS7 so I think I would want to stick to samsung to make it a pair. Thanks!

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I had the MS Band 1 and 2. Loved them. Had a Garmin Fenix 3hr, enjoyed it but the software wasn't very user friendly. Just bought a S3 Frontier about a month ago. I have a GS7 and I love this S3 so much more than any of the other smart watches. I don't think you would be disappointed with a S3.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Just noticed the Gear S3 classic in Costco... May have to take the plunge or hi t at it for any future occasions .

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I know this is from June but I am wanting to get a smart watch and get rid of my fitbit Charge 2. The Gear S3 is the top rated one and I have a Note 8. But I also read Android Wear with OK Google has more apps I don't know. Does S Voice work good why doesn't it have Bixby? I guess the newer one might. Don't know if I should wait or get now while it's on sale. I don't need or want the LTE one my friend pays an extra 10 bucks a month I don't need that my phone is always with me. But I kind of like the buttons better on the Frontier but it's big and I have small hands.

@stmax did you get the Gear S3 do you like it? I am also looking at the Asus Zen watch 3 but no NFC and Fossil makes one too! I can't decide.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I only use a sport/fitness watch now. I have used the Samsung watch 4 but it's literally a case of "I'm a Jack of all trades, master at none" and it was very frustrating to see that thing hiccup when i needed the most so i gave it up and I'm much happier now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick