Tips and Tricks

Windflower

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
We need a new sticky for Tips and Tricks for the Thrive

Wireless connection with Static IP

If you are having problems connecting your new Thrive to a wireless connection where you are required to use a Static IP address, I have a hint that may help you! When you go into the wireless settings and see the gray default settings for the Network prefix length and the DNS 1 and DNS 2 settings, you need to realize that these are NOT default settings... they are suggestions! If you want to use them, you need to tap into those fields and retype the information. If you don't, the OS treats those fields as being blank and you won't connect. Stupid, stupid stupid!!! The suggested Network prefix length is 24... It's a good suggestion, so go ahead and tap into that field and type 24 and enter. Now the text is white and the setting will hold. The same for DNS settings. Go into those fields and type the ip addresses that are already there and make sure that the text turns white. Now your save/connect button will be available for you to tap on and not grayed out. Why Toshiba didn't make those settings defaults instead of suggestions, I will never know.​

Won't wake from sleep mode

When the power indicator on the the tab is slowly blinking and the display is black, that means that the tablet is in sleep mode. You should be able to just press the power button and the the tablet will wake up, however, many have reported a problem with getting the tablet to wake. According to rumors, this is a known bug and will be fixed with a firmware update. In the mean time, there are two things to try. Try holding down the power button and forcing it into a power down so that the light no longer blinks. If that doesn't work, do what I did and do a battery pull to reset the tablet.​

Windflower

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Service Station

Go to your apps and find the app called Service Station. If there are any firmware/OS updates waiting to be installed, they will be listed. Maybe the update that's currently there will solve the sleep issue! :) It sure would be nice if they told you to check this periodically.​

Last edited:

sbosak

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I received the update last night, and it specifically said it fixes the sleep mode problem. I've never had the problem, though. It also noted that it fixes some issues (non-specific) with video? Any clue what that's about?

BTW I WANT NETFLIX on my Thrive. I have it on my Android phone, when will they get that tablet version running?

dr.bizarro

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I received the update last night, and it specifically said it fixes the sleep mode problem. I've never had the problem, though. It also noted that it fixes some issues (non-specific) with video? Any clue what that's about?

BTW I WANT NETFLIX on my Thrive. I have it on my Android phone, when will they get that tablet version running?
Netflix is working with ROOT and a patch. Streams nicely on the Thrive. You might say it "Thrives"

LOLOLOL

Couldn't help myself. But seriously, just search around on the net. Lots of tutorials for this, or if you find them a bit confusing(I know I did) a one click solution is in the works. Just keep looking around, and you'll find what you seek.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones