TMobile LG V40 or OnePlus 7T

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I have had my LG V40 since launch and I absolutely love my device. It does everything I need and has all the features I can ask for.

The only thing I wish is for quicker updates. I'm sure I would have to switch to Pixel to help with that issue.

Now that TMobile will be selling the OnePlus 7T, I'm wondering is it worth upgrading to it? Can you really call it an upgrade, or an incremental bump, or is it more of an lateral move? Each device have their pros and cons, pluses and minuses, etc....

Maybe I just need to get over the WOW factor lol

Decisions, decisions... Hmmmm

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I guess the question is WHY do you want quicker updates?

Is it to always be on the leading edge version? This is subjective. For example, I recently made the jump from Nougat to Oreo. There's zero increased functionality, and several decreases in functionality on my phone (a V20, btw). I didn't want to update it, but had extenuating circumstances pushing me. I'd roll back in a heartbeat if I could, and update schedules isn't even on my list of things to look for in a phone.

Is it for more security updates? Android is already very secure. Even if you are somewhat lax in your own safe habits, there's a number of things under the hood preventing you from being infected with malware.

You may have different experiences and desires, so only you can weigh that accordingly.

eric12341

Banned
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I have had my LG V40 since launch and I absolutely love my device. It does everything I need and has all the features I can ask for.

The only thing I wish is for quicker updates. I'm sure I would have to switch to Pixel to help with that issue.

Now that TMobile will be selling the OnePlus 7T, I'm wondering is it worth upgrading to it? Can you really call it an upgrade, or an incremental bump, or is it more of an lateral move? Each device have their pros and cons, pluses and minuses, etc....

Maybe I just need to get over the WOW factor lol

Decisions, decisions... Hmmmm

I would still consider the OnePlus 7T to be below the V40 simply for the fact that it doesn't have a headphone jack with a world class DAC nor can it's camera record uncompressed stereo sound