Today I broke my Nexus, and I need help.

lildj0809

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
So today I dropped my N6, and it apparently was a doozy, since the screen is completely black and unresponsive. It makes noise, and an occasional line of green flashes on the screen. However, I'm sure it's beyond my personal ability to repair.

I have hundreds of family pictures on there, and for twenty minutes attempted to use a usb to try and bring them up on the computer to no avail.

Another problem is that I have a password on my phone upon startup, and I'm not sure I can even access it through usb with that, or can I?

I only tried to play with it for a few minutes as I have work early in the morning.

Is there anyone with advice or a solution? I just need my pictures off of there.

bluefalcon13

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
So if you have adb enabled already, you could reboot to bootloader, load a custom recovery that supports adb over recovery, then boot into recovery and get your pics from adb command line transfers.

Alternatively, if you did not have adb enabled already, you can force reboot the phone and attempt to get to the bootloader. Then fastboot a new recovery image, reboot to the recovery image, then copy your files via adb. This assumes you were unlocked to begin with :/

If your phone is still locked, I'm not sure if there is a way to get the files off. Additionally, if you have encryption still enabled, I do not know how to get the files off unencrypted. Furthermore, if the phone doesn't boot to bootloader, you are also in a pickle.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac