Too many updates

Spaceman117

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I hope someone can help me, I have an HTC One V and every time I get an update, a while later I get it again, sometimes the same day, other times a day or two later, I thought it was my phone. Today I received my new Nexus 7 2013, set it up, it downloaded all the updates, then 20 mins later it downloaded them all again, any ideas? All help gratefully received

hiwayracer

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Are you referring to application updates or firmware updates.

Either way if it is anything system related you should always do it a reboot of the device.

Spaceman117

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, it application update on both devices, at first I thought it was just the phone, but when it happened on the Nexus, I thought it may be something to do with my account. By reboot do you mean, just turn it off and on again? Or some sort of factory reset?

Spaceman117

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi YAYTech, thanks for your reply.I thought that's was it meant, and thought I was misunderstanding the answer, I switch off my phone every night, but it still does it, and then to do it with the New Nexus, it made me think it was to do with my account.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Applications updates are pushed out as the application publishers makes changes. Goggle has decoupled their applications from the OS updates so one day your might see an update for Mail, the next day an update for Chrome, 20 minutes late one for Calendar, etc. Add to that any updates for applications. Some days I see 6-10 updates.

Spaceman117

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi kerrykur, thanks, but say for example I receive an update for Skype I always go to 'What's New',the next update I receive for Skype the next day says exactly the same thing, it is the same update, this happens for every update I receive.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi kerrykur, thanks, but say for example I receive an update for Skype I always go to 'What's New',the next update I receive for Skype the next day says exactly the same thing, it is the same update, this happens for every update I receive.
how do you know its exact same?? looking at whats new?? some time some developers dont update whats new. the new update might be to fix a minor issue which was introduced on the previous update. one way to avoid this is automatic update.

Spaceman117

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm guessing they are the same as it happens to every app I have on my phone, and I do always check 'Whats New' I will try the automatic update and let you know how I get on. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech