touch screen problems

mysticlife

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
alright maybe i'm just used to using my ipod touch while it charges and this is something that isn't normal. Anyway i got an eris on Wednesday, as soon as i got it the battery started dieing, then when i hooked it up to charge i attempted to use the phone at the same time. i wanted to disable all the syncing and see if that would help & do some other stuff. Well the screen went crazy. i wasn't able to type. anytime i touched the screen random letters would be typed in messages and search boxes, the screen lock wouldn't work and i couldn't go through menus. As soon as i unplugged the phone it would be fine again..but the battery was almost dead so there was no point.
Yesterday i went back to verizon to trade out the phone, since i figured the phone was bad. we tried charging it there in the store for a second to see if the same thing would occur and it acted normally. Now that i'm home and using my computer to charge it, the screen is acting up again. i can't even use it. I tried and the phone crashed.
am i stupid for trying to use the phone while it charges? could it be the cord? is it a software problem? what am i doing wrong?

Last edited:

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
You can try hard resetting the phone but chances are it may be a hardware issue. Hard reset and if you still have the issue go back to Verizon and have them swap your phone with a new one.

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Try not using the computer to charge your phone go through a drain cycle after you charge it through the outlet. Then after you get it charged through the outlet for the second time hold the end button and do a reboot and see if it works while charging then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onkareshwar