Trade in: Still no acknowledgement from Samsung!

sdk_1052

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I finally got an email today 20 days after they said they got my phone. It says Trade In requirements not met. They are saying they received an empty package.

Edit: I got on chat live immediately and they said there is a video of them opening the box with nothing in it! He said they will remove the charge as a 1 time exception. This is crazy, I promise I triple wrapped it and sent it. I was more worried about the screen cracking in transit. I don't think I will ever mail a phone in again after this. It was nice of them to quickly let it go this time but where the hell is the phone, someone at Fedex or Samsung opened it took the phone and delieverd an empty box?!

Anyone know steps to take to get the IMEI black listed or shouldn't I do something, maybe let Fedex know too?

Was yours sent to Hyla Mobile in Tennessee? I think Samsung is having issues with them! They received mine on Feb 10th and then never heard anything from them. Samsung rep said he would take care of it because they are supposed to be updated within 7 business days of receipt. As soon as he said he would take care of it, Samsung emailed me that they are manually completing the trade in and there was nothing else I needed to do. I asked if they are having problems with Hyla, he said they are looking into it. Wouldn't be surprised if someone stole it from there since it is a 3rd party Warehouse doing the trade and not directly controlled by Samsung!

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I wonder why mine got accepted and I got an email 2 days ago and my husband still hasn't heard anything. Both went out the same day.

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Verizon received my phone on 2/4 and my watch on 2/10 and I haven't heard about either. Both went to Ft Worth.

Zorrak

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Mine went to Fort Worth Texas.
Maybe somethings going on there too. The Chat went really strange. After telling me they have video of the opening, I didn't even get a chance to respond before he said I wouldn't be charged. Then I asked a couple questions like, has this been happening often? Seemed like they just wanted to end the chat. Why do they video opening the boxes? You can't prove thats the same 1 I sent and even if it is that it hasn't been opened already and closed back up.

sdk_1052

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Mine went to Fort Worth Texas.
Maybe somethings going on there too. The Chat went really strange. After telling me they have video of the opening, I didn't even get a chance to respond before he said I wouldn't be charged. Then I asked a couple questions like, has this been happening often? Seemed like they just wanted to end the chat. Why do they video opening the boxes? You can't prove thats the same 1 I sent and even if it is that it hasn't been opened already and closed back up.

The weight of the shipment would be less then a pound if you didn't ship anything back in the small box. Mine was like 1.5 to 2lb.

I always take a video of the phone and packaging it up so I have proof if something would happen.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
That sucks. Mines literally got to the warehouse yesterday and today I received an email that my phones been inspected an approved today.
I wonder why mine got accepted and I got an email 2 days ago and my husband still hasn't heard anything. Both went out the same day.
Screenshot_20210227-001925_Gmail.jpgScreenshot_20210227-002028_Gmail.jpg

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
The weight of the shipment would be less then a pound if you didn't ship anything back in the small box. Mine was like 1.5 to 2lb.

I always take a video of the phone and packaging it up so I have proof if something would happen.

It wouldn't hurt to use tape that had an unusual design or color to seal the box up....then it would be much easier to prove it had been opened up, since it would be very unlikely the thief would have the same type of tape to reseal the box. Now if they just stole the box altogether that's another story :eek:

ChippahInGA

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I've read some horror stories also, and took over a dozen pictures and videos of my S10+, the packaging, the box as it was when it left my house. I also shipped it back in the original S10+ packaging with serial and imei numbers written on a piece of paper inside the box. lol Probably a bit of overkill, but they got my trade-in in 3 days and it was approved 2 days or so after that. It socks to hear there's people having issues, but not really surprising either.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I've read some horror stories also, and took over a dozen pictures and videos of my S10+, the packaging, the box as it was when it left my house. I also shipped it back in the original S10+ packaging with serial and imei numbers written on a piece of paper inside the box. lol Probably a bit of overkill, but they got my trade-in in 3 days and it was approved 2 days or so after that. It socks to hear there's people having issues, but not really surprising either.

I need to chat with them tomorrow my husband's never got approved both sent in on same day. Mine was approved last week.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer