Trading V20 into Verizon

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Odd... I have yet to notice any retention on the G5 or the V20. Does it happen as the phone ages? Had mine since preorder.
In my experience, I've never had any issues like this. Only with the V20. Only problem my G4 had was bootlooping. Only problem my G3 had was it stopped reading SIM cards after three years. No problems with the Nexus 4 and 5 before that.

If this was a common problem before, like some are suggesting, I've never heard of it before the V20 other than the common knowledge that AMOLED gets burn in.

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
this is the way verizon works. it seems like you have already paid off half of the device so therefore you are able to trade it in and start financing a new device. just do that

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
this is the way verizon works. it seems like you have already paid off half of the device so therefore you are able to trade it in and start financing a new device. just do that

I do not believe Verizon allows you to upgrade until the device is fully paid off, I could be wrong(I hope I am) though.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Even if you did get a brand new V20 it's just going to happen again, if your only issue is the screen retention. And it's probably going to happen to any other IPS screen phone. It happened on my V10 and now my V20. At least it didn't permanently burn it did like on my Note Edge and S4.

Please don't make blanket statments...... My V20 and V10 have no issues. Not saying it has not happened, but I'll bet the occurrences are few in number. But amplified by the net.

I vote just get a replacement. Darn good phone (in my experience).

Lateck,

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Please don't make blanket statments...... My V20 and V10 have no issues. Not saying it has not happened, but I'll bet the occurrences are few in number. But amplified by the net.

I vote just get a replacement. Darn good phone (in my experience).

Lateck,
It will happen again. It's happening to many of us already, and the ones you're hearing about are only the ones that are paying attention. With the same usage, it will happen in a similar amount of time. Fact.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It will happen again. It's happening to many of us already, and the ones you're hearing about are only the ones that are paying attention. With the same usage, it will happen in a similar amount of time. Fact.

And its not happening to many of us as well. Had my phone since release and I'm on it constantly. I go through 3 batteries per day on average.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, I've been out fishing today (3 catches, no keeps sadly,) and my phone died, so I couldn't see this until now. I don't believe Verizon will let me upgrade until the device is paid off, but I might do that soon now. I might take it in tomorrow, to see about a replacement warranty device for now.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I've been out fishing today (3 catches, no keeps sadly,) and my phone died, so I couldn't see this until now. I don't believe Verizon will let me upgrade until the device is paid off, but I might do that soon now. I might take it in tomorrow, to see about a replacement warranty device for now.

You must have been on the same boat I was. Very slow catching today.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
You must have been on the same boat I was. Very slow catching today.

2 other people on my boat caight about 25 each! 2 were keepers, but they accidentally let them go. All were small mouth bass. Beautiful weather today though, and great steaks on the small grill we brought.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
2 other people on my boat caight about 25 each! 2 were keepers, but they accidentally let them go. All were small mouth bass. Beautiful weather today though, for great steaks on the small grill we brought.

I taught and guided for many years, but I only practice catch and release.

<*)}}}}}><

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I taught and guided for many years, but I only practice catch and release.

<*)}}}}}><

Off topic but I used to go a private charter operated by a Captain the practiced catch and release. We helped him tag over 60,000 fish through out his career. He has written several books and been recognized by leading fishing magazines across the country.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Ok, just went into Verizon and in less than 5 minutes I have a replacement V20 on the way, which might become my wife's if I get the S8+. It will be here on Wednsday.