Trailers on Note 3

orporter

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Again, I know this is not a major issue, but when I try to watch trailers on the Red Box website with my Note 3 the trailer will not play, just a spinning wheel, my Note 2 plays them picture perfect. All the other videos on my Note 3 are great on this awesome screen. Any ideas on this? The website is for renting DVDs, you order them and pick them at the Redbox. This is a Verizon phone as is the Note 2. As previously noted {no pun} trailers will play on the Play Store app, not the web page, but the quality is awful on the downloaded app, where as my Note 2 plays them in full HD. Any Ideas?
I spent some time waiting for an order at best buy the other day and wandered over to the phone section.I tried this on the display Note 3 and it behaved just as mine. Two salesman came over and one had a Note 2 the other had a Note 3. Same thing, Note 3 didn't play them and Note 2, no problem. When I left they were still working on this.Any ideas on this? This is not a major deal, just wondering if any of you have an answer. If you have rooted your phone do you have this problem? The rest of you who have a stock phone try it out for yourself here.

Rent Movies Online - DVDs, Blu-Ray™ & Games | Movie Rentals at Redbox

I love this phone, and other than a little weakness with the reception, I see myself keeping it for 2 years.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Odd, I'm using Chrome and it worked fine for me. Did you clear the cache to Chrome?
emete5a7.jpg

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

orporter

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your response, the picture looks great. I have used Chrome and cleared the cache, no play. This is a puzzle. I did call Samsung and the gentleman from India suggested I download Flash player. I told him that wasn't the problem, that Android does not support Flash. These Videos are not flash anyway. Thank for your time and interest. I don't know if my phone just has some settings that I haven't found yet or something else. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your response, the picture looks great. I have used Chrome and cleared the cache, no play. This is a puzzle. I did call Samsung and the gentleman from India suggested I download Flash player. I told him that wasn't the problem, that Android does not support Flash. These Videos are not flash anyway. Thank for your time and interest. I don't know if my phone just has some settings that I haven't found yet or something else. Thanks in advance for any help.

Try to uninstall Chrome and reinstall. Typical manufacturer customer support telling you to install software that hasn't been supported in a while.

orporter

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried force stop of Chrome, can't uninstall on Verizon, cleared cache, cleared data and forced stop. restarted Chrome and it updated last night. Still no play. I also downloaded several other browsers and Dolphin, after I turned on Flash, played it once but now won't. Makes me wonder if flash is involved. I maybe wrong about my previous post. Anyway thanks for the thought. I will continue to explore this. Weird how some of the Note 3s will play and others won't and Note 2 will just pump it out both on the play store app and on the web page. Again thanks.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I tried force stop of Chrome, can't uninstall on Verizon, cleared cache, cleared data and forced stop. restarted Chrome and it updated last night. Still no play. I also downloaded several other browsers and Dolphin, after I turned on Flash, played it once but now won't. Makes me wonder if flash is involved. I maybe wrong about my previous post. Anyway thanks for the thought. I will continue to explore this. Weird how some of the Note 3s will play and others won't and Note 2 will just pump it out both on the play store app and on the web page. Again thanks.

Look it up In the Play Store. It can be uninstalled as I have Verizon too. There is a button to do so in the store. It may not fully uninstall but do that them update it again.

hcane466

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I checked it out and it does same thing on mine
And the wheel goes round and round....

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I checked it out and it does same thing on mine
And the wheel goes round and round....

Okay, so here's what I'm noticing. If I'm connected to WiFi everything works great. If I'm on LTE, even on these excellent speeds, it loads constantly. I get 40 Mbps down on LTE so speed isn't an issue. Just the way the website handles mobile traffic.

orporter

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks had not tried that. Just walk through that process, same result. Noticed the latest reply and this happens on both wi-fi and 4g. Note 2 sitting right next to it plays just fine. The biggest blow to my pride is my wife's I-phone 5 plays it ugh. ?????. Thanks for the effort.

ferndog75

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried the same thing by going on Chrome and using the Redbox website and I also can't play any of the trailers. Then I tried the Redbox app and there I was able to play ALL of the trailers. I like to know why this is happening.

orporter

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
The thing I noticed about the Red box app is that the video quality is not very good, lot of pixels, not the case with my Note 2. I don't get this either.

orporter

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded "UC Browser" works every time on the web page to view trailers on Wi fi. Hope I don't have to use a different browser every time I need to view this or other pages. Any other solutions are welcome. Thanks. Update.went out on an errand and trailer does not load on 4G, my reception on 4G is awful now. Maybe Holiday rush I don't know.

Last edited: