Trouble With Titanium Backup and Stock -> GB Harmonia

I3ig Al

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys back again :p I got my phone all done up and ready for customizing and so on, and I started my girlfriends phone today.

She already has several apps and email data going on stock. I used titanium backup to do a full backup of user apps and system data (minus the bloatware apps from Stock) and then installed Harmonia 2.0. Once I had the fresh Harmonia install running I logged into her gmail and downloaded Titanium Backup from the market, and told it to restore user apps, then restore system data.

everything seemed to work fine and no errors showed up but the email app and several other things keep popping up force closed/crashed. I'm not sure if I did things out of order, or if it doesnt like going from 2.2.2 to 2.3.X.

For now I just reverted to stock, hopefully someone with titanium backup experience can give me some insight.

Also if anyone wants to comment on Titanium Backup vs MyBackup Root/Pro go right ahead, I just grabbed Titanium because it was free :p

Last edited:

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
When using TB, never restore system data. You will always have problems only restore user apps. Don't even restore bloat.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

Reactions: I3ig Al

I3ig Al

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
So are you saying that it is not possible to carry over data like contacts and email setups? I don't want to interpret your post incorrectly, just want to clarify.

I really hope thats not the case, since my GF has quite a bit already done that we would like to carry over >.< if Titanium can't do it, is there another app that can? or is it just not possible to do it between android versions?

I3ig Al

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
back after a dinner, I realize now that contacts and email are bad examples :p my fault on that.

we have for instance angry birds, the call log and SMS/MMS threads, a grocery list app with lots of items already typed in. I got the apps to be backed up and restored without data after flashing Harmonia, but once i tried to restore the data everything went to .

Surely there is a proper way to restore data after flashing, else why would the tool exist? Did I do somethin wrong, or does it not work 2.2 -> 2.3?

anyway thanks for the replies you two, happy new years! i'll be messing with it more tomorrow and see what i can find out.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Sms and mms backup and transfer just fine for me between roms but I am using Mybackup Pro.
Angry Birds backup is a pain, and there is a separate app for it.

Sometimes it helps to restore APK's and then data, doing it together sometimes doesn't work.

Reactions: I3ig Al

I3ig Al

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
ok, thanks Lesie :) We are going to give it one more try tonight just cuz, but we are resigned to just starting fresh again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
varun2310