Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Chris Nutt 13:26:24
Cant update to android 5.1.1 even though twp previous faulty phones could
Cameron 13:26:24
Welcome to Samsung Galaxy Smart Customer Support
Chris Nutt 13:26:56
Hi Cameron hope you can help
I'm on my third s6 with 3 network 2 had to go back because they were faulty, they were on android 5.1.1 this third s6 works great but is stuck on android 5.0.2
I,ve tried software update on phone and Samsung smartswitch
Hi you there?
Cameron 13:31:59
Good afternoon Chris, the 5.1.1 firmware upgrade has just very recently been released so is still in the process of being rolled out to some devices.
Chris Nutt 13:32:51
AW with you so because the previous 2 had it doesn't mean this one will??
Long as I know its not another faulty phone lol
Cameron 13:33:44
That is correct yes but it should realistically in the very near future be sent to through automatically.
It is just a case that the upgrade gets sent through to phones in stages.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I had s6 with 3 before that had 5.1 update bit now on this one its not doing it. It's very annoying!

What's so important about 5.1 that makes things unbearable? I'm also still waiting not sure what the big deal is.

Posted via the Android Central App

AceLfc

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
There is actually for me. It has the A-Z order for apps. Right now my apps are all over the place and got no time to sort it out. At least with 5.1 with one click it will rearrange my apps. It's handy feature, dunno why it was removed in the first place.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
There is actually for me. It has the A-Z order for apps. Right now my apps are all over the place and got no time to sort it out. At least with 5.1 with one click it will rearrange my apps. It's handy feature, dunno why it was removed in the first place.

Ok I have the same issue it is annoying for sure but I personally wouldn't say its highly important to me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Please be advised that android system updates on mobile devices are subject to availability based on purchase date, model, location and network provider. At this time please contact your network provider directly as they will be responsible for rolling out the update when it becomes available.

If you have any further questions or require additional assistance please contact us on 0330 726 7864 (UK) or 0818 717 100 (EIRE).

And when you contact the carrier, they'll say you should contact Samsung. Each will blame the other. It's stupid

Posted from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty