Turn Off Motorola Automatic Software Update

Spec_tech

Feb 2, 2021
Visit site
Hi All.

Something that i've noticed with the Moto G Power (2020) is that it likes updating itself whenever the latest one comes out

Every time, it does it automatically and doesn't even let you choose not too. This worries me, as i'd like to 1) Not be bothered by so many notifications or forced to restart, and 2) Would like a chance to check the updates and vet them before actually applying them

Is there any way to turn off Motorolas System Updates on this phone, or at least without rooting it?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
In the Moto G devices that I know any system update requires your confirmation to be downloaded and installed. My son is a good example, leaving unattended system update notifications for weeks :)

Now, the Google Play system updates download and install in the background and I don't think there's an easy way to change this.

Spec_tech

Feb 2, 2021
Visit site
It appears it changes the build number. It mentions Android security patches and shows the new version number, usually in the format "QPMSXX.XX-XX-X-X-X"
It comes from the "Motorola Software Update" app, and the notification just says "Your system installation is almost complete. Restart your device to complete the update"

And i didn't even approve it or get a notification to approve it. It just does this and asks me to restart the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay