Turning on hotspot turns off phone after update

FortMaceo

Jul 28, 2023
Visit site
Ok keep us posted 👍
I did the factory reset. This did two things: 1) reminded me how much I hate setting up a "new" phone, 2) fixed (so far) the issue I reported. Hotspot now works without turning off my phone. I'm trying to keep an eye on what it's doing on installing updates so that if it happens again, I'll have an idea of what update might have caused it.

Many thanks to all who have helped me get this resolved. I'm not an Android expert, just a user, so I haven't been able to help anyone here. I sincerely appreciate the experts who do take their time to help the rest of us get the most from our Android devices.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I did the factory reset. This did two things: 1) reminded me how much I hate setting up a "new" phone, 2) fixed (so far) the issue I reported. Hotspot now works without turning off my phone. I'm trying to keep an eye on what it's doing on installing updates so that if it happens again, I'll have an idea of what update might have caused it.

Many thanks to all who have helped me get this resolved. I'm not an Android expert, just a user, so I haven't been able to help anyone here. I sincerely appreciate the experts who do take their time to help the rest of us get the most from our Android devices.
Glad it's worked. I totally understand the pain of setting your device back up, did you do a SmartSwitch backup first? Honestly it's kinda a good thing I hate setting up devices so much, it's one of the things that prevents me having even more redundant phones than I have now lol

We're all just folks who like to try and help people fix their stuff, you never know when something you randomly picked up will solve a problem someone is having..

FortMaceo

Jul 28, 2023
Visit site
Glad it's worked. I totally understand the pain of setting your device back up, did you do a SmartSwitch backup first? Honestly it's kinda a good thing I hate setting up devices so much, it's one of the things that prevents me having even more redundant phones than I have now lol

We're all just folks who like to try and help people fix their stuff, you never know when something you randomly picked up will solve a problem someone is having..
I did use SmartSwitch, plus backed up files and settings to my various Google and Microsoft accounts. All of that helped, but it still requires some tweaking. I can't imagine keeping redundant phones going like you're doing. One is a big enough headache!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I'm glad it's all sorted out now.

Reactions: FortMaceo

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Glad it's working! And keep in mind that the very fact that you're posting about this and reporting the results may very well help someone else with the same or similar problem. 😎

Reactions: FortMaceo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter