News Turns out the new Google TV Streamer has a different chip under the hood

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Mediatek, yuch. Better than AMLogic though.. As long as the rumored AV1 is finally included im in. Well I'm not, for the rest of the family I am. I'm still using my Shield Pro despite the lack of AV1.

RomeoLima954

Aug 7, 2024
Visit site
Mediatek, yuch. Better than AMLogic though.. As long as the rumored AV1 is finally included im in. Well I'm not, for the rest of the family I am. I'm still using my Shield Pro despite the lack of AV1.
I think Walmart's Onn 4k Pro is a better buy for most use cases unless you need the upscaling. The Onn supports AV1 as well...same storage and $50 cheaper. Most Mid range TV's and up have upscaling as well so unless you absolutely need the AI upscaling...I would recommend the Onn.

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I think Walmart's Onn 4k Pro is a better buy for most use cases unless you need the upscaling. The Onn supports AV1 as well...same storage and $50 cheaper. Most Mid range TV's and up have upscaling as well so unless you absolutely need the AI upscaling...I would recommend the Onn.
Processor and low ram are a deal breaker. Performance on par with a low end firestick and that's not a good experience. Might be fine for some but speeds the game for me. I don't like input lag (remote) and apps not launching knstsntl.

BeholdersEye

Oct 18, 2024
Visit site
Once again another 'reviewers',
Andrew Myrick, Nicholas Daiz, and Jay Bonggolto
that will not answer the question....Does the 4k streamer control your smart home if and when the Internet goes down at your house?!? The Max hub failed miserably at the job and can not control your 'smart home' with no internet!!!! And Google failed to tell us that when we purchased it!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeholdersEye