Two S21U same issue.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
My T-Mobile S21U when using HD calling emits some distortion from the earpierce speaker. That's the speaker being used when the phone is against your ear on a phone call. It doesn't make any difference what the volume level. One example is when you fall 611 for example but it happens with any HD call. My second handset exhibits the same issue. You need to be in a quiet room to hear it. It almost sounds as if the speaker is blown. It buzzes or crackles.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If it's happening on two devices both only when using HD calling is say it's something with your connection. Before reading about the second device I was thinking it might have to do with being plugged in while on the call, as some devices may experience noise from wiring. Kind of how you might see lines in a TV image when someone is running a blender. You could try using the phone in safe mode just to verify it isn't being caused by an app that's doing something when you're on a call. Since it is happening on two of your devices it could be one that transferred when you moved devices. Other than that everything is pointing to your connection. Who's your carrier?

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
My T-Mobile S21U when using HD calling emits some distortion from the earpierce speaker. That's the speaker being used when the phone is against your ear on a phone call. It doesn't make any difference what the volume level. One example is when you fall 611 for example but it happens with any HD call. My second handset exhibits the same issue. You need to be in a quiet room to hear it. It almost sounds as if the speaker is blown. It buzzes or crackles.

Yes, it's an issue on Tmo when connecting primarily using HD+. I've had it. Swapped phones and had same issue. Seems to be a problem when devices that only support HD audio connects to a device that supports HD+ (such as the S21).

I also have Android 12 beta and so far no issue. Likely because the beta isn't supporting (or displaying) HD audio.

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Same issue still persists on beta 2 Android 12. Guess it's a hardware issue or TMobile codec on this device. Shame.

Yes, you're right. I began noticing the same issue on my S21U also in android 12 beta 2. Also occurred on Android 11. Seems to happen only with some callers. Weird issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201