Tylt Vu Qi Charging Stand vs. Verizon Qi Charging Stand?

ghbishop

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
No, you are not missing anything, but the folks at Motorola sure did.

There is no docking state so daydream does not function properly. Daydream needs a "when connected to charger" state to work with the Qi charger.

I found this app - Dock Clock - run it in "Manual" mode - its free and you can change the color and brightness for night or day use.

cml21

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Sean, I get the same behavior from my Verizon stand, though I use Dock Clock.

Not sure why, but my Nexus 7 works perfectly (same app, same charger).

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Sean, I get the same behavior from my Verizon stand, though I use Dock Clock.

Not sure why, but my Nexus 7 works perfectly (same app, same charger).

What model Nexus 7 do you have? Do you have a case on it? If so, which case?

(I have a Nexus 7 2013 with a Poetic slim case, so I'm all ears...)

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Looking at a Qi charger or two for my wife and I. Thinking the Tylt. But a quick, maybe dumb question:

I like to turn my phone off when charging (process has never failed me yet). Does the phone need to be powered on for the Qi charger to work, or can the phone be off?

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Looking at a Qi charger or two for my wife and I. Thinking the Tylt. But a quick, maybe dumb question:

I like to turn my phone off when charging (process has never failed me yet). Does the phone need to be powered on for the Qi charger to work, or can the phone be off?

The Phone can not be off. But let me clarify - I think its the Phone not the Tylt charger..

So if the phone is Turned off and placed on the power Qi Charger.. it turns on and starts charging.
If the phone is on the Tylt charger and is turned off it immediately turns on again.

I just tested this and the minute the charge hits it, it turns on.

dgross20832

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I am currently on my 2nd Qi Charging Stand (VZW3COIL-WC).

I like the charger itself, especially the angle but according the included instructions once the phone has completed charging the red LED is supposed to turn off however my red light stays on as long as the phone is on the dock. The ONLY time I see the LED off (Standby Mode) is when the phone is not on the dock. Verizon is aware of this issue but they are not sure what the problem is but they are looking into it. Has anybody else had this issue? Know how to fix it? Thanks So Much in Advance.

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey folks, not meaning to hijack, but a quick word: qi charging doesn't work if you have a case with metal on the back, such as a kickstand, that comes in-between the charging plate and the battery.

I just found this out in using my Tylt Vu with a case that has a metal kickstand; I discussed this in more detail in the cases thread, but thought I'd give a heads-up here.

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks, not meaning to hijack, but a quick word: qi charging doesn't work if you have a case with metal on the back, such as a kickstand, that comes in-between the charging plate and the battery.

I just found this out in using my Tylt Vu with a case that has a metal kickstand; I discussed this in more detail in the cases thread, but thought I'd give a heads-up here.

Works fine on my Verizon Qi stand with Seidio case on the phone.

Bob-B

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the Verizon one. It works fine. I chose it over the Tylt Vu because the Tylt Vu takes up so much space (I use it on my nightstand) and the Verizon one doesn't. The charging light is quite dim, no problem on a nightstand.

dgross20832

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I am just trying to figure out why the red light does not go out on the Verizon stand as the directions that came with it said the light should go out when the phone is charged.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Thinking about getting the Verizon branded wireless charger for my Turbo. Any negatives over using the corded Turbo turbo charger?

Sent with my Kindle Fire HDX 7" via Tapatalk.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards