Tylt Vu Qi Charging Stand vs. Verizon Qi Charging Stand?

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
The only negative I can think of, and I think all Qi chargers work this way, is that you can't use it with the phone off. I turn my phone off each night and charge it. You can do this with the plug in charger, but as soon as you put it on Qi charger the phone comes on.

Bob-B

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to mention above that with the Verizon charger, it usually only charges to 99% even with an overnight charge, so the red light doesn't go out. Every now and then it will go to 100%, but usually not. The 99% doesn't bother me a bit.

D._Manley

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site

gadgetgeek703

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed this myself. The only difference is my red light does go out. I had just attributed the 99% to a small amount of battery used between the time the charger cut off and the time I took it off the charger.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Thinking about getting the Verizon branded wireless charger for my Turbo. Any negatives over using the corded Turbo turbo charger?

I've held off on getting a Qi charger because of numerous reports they play havoc with the battery meter. Search this forum for more info.

Jay Evans

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I had one problem right after I got the phone in Dec. Never again since then. My wife liked my VZW charger so much she bought one for her phone and has never had a problem with her Turbo on it.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Here's another one to throw into the mix:

Tmvel T3 Qi Wireless 3-Coils Folding Charging Stand for Qi-Enabled ... Amazon.com: Tmvel T3 Qi Wireless 3-Coils Folding Charging Stand for Qi-Enabled Phones and Tablets Note 4 , S5, Nexus 6, Nexus 5 - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

I use it with my Galaxy Alpha and it charges just fine even through a Krusell case.

Posted via the Android Central App
I love the look and apparent functionality of this charger. I do think it's priced on the high side, and that plus I bought two of the TYLTs when they were half priced keeps me away. Very very nice looking product though.

carldc

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I love the look and apparent functionality of this charger. I do think it's priced on the high side, and that plus I bought two of the TYLTs when they were half priced keeps me away. Very very nice looking product though.

For a while, Amazon was selling it direct for the ridiculous price of $99.99. They've recently cut it to a more reasonable $57 -- which is in line with some of the others mentioned here. At least one other seller is offering it new for $49.99. It's all plastic, but the chromed parts are a nice fit with the Galaxy Alpha's brushed metal frame.
Also, it generates little to no heat (an issue I've had with some of the cheaper 'hockey-puck' charging pads).
Lastly, I've often been annoyed by the lights on most Qi chargers. They can be VERY annoying at night (even the tiniest of lights). I come from webOS phones, and their TouchStone chargers didn't have any lights. Anyway, my point is that this one has the light on the charging pad face itself -- so that it's hidden when you put the phone down on it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My vzw only charges at a rate of 640 mA according to Gsam. Could someone check theirs to see if that is normal? They claim 1 amp. Could someone also check the tylt? Please don't quote specs. Install Gsam and check actual charging rate.

Thanks!