Typical GPS Accuracy?

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Plus or minus how many feet while moving at highway speed?

Sent from my Hyperdriven Note 3

I checked mine today and when moving at highway speed, it ranged between 40-50 feet at one point. When I was on a tollway, so my speed was constant, it lowered to about 35 feet error rate.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I checked mine today and when moving at highway speed, it ranged between 40-50 feet at one point. When I was on a tollway, so my speed was constant, it lowered to about 35 feet error rate.

Jellybean or Kitkat?

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody had the issue of it re routing itself after you cross an intersection?

I have that issue - sort of. I often get it when I'm stopped at an intersection waiting to turn and it thinks I've gone straight so it recalculates to give me alternate directions and then when I turn it recalculates back to what I had originally.
Not a huge issue for me (mostly now because I'm aware of it) but it has caused some confusion for my husband and I from time to time.

Posted via Android Central App

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
50 feet is not accurate enough for navigation. I often drive on roads parallel to a highway and navigation gives directions as though I am on the highway.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Google let me down badly today and yesterday when it wouldn't load traffic info.
I don't use it much but I needed it today again to pre plan at short notice knowing there were traffic problems from yesterday.
I survived by old fashioned knowledge, guess work and instinct today and found a good if convoluted route, but yesterday was carnage, though again it literally would have taken 5 times longer if I didn't take a last slip exit before being trapped and work around.

First blame maybe the network / carrier sure, but if Google is loading Sat Nav location it's using data anyway, and traffic usually loads quickly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hebdo_Madaires