husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site
When using the Uber app with the Gear S3, do you use the watch to call Uber like the Apple watch ("Uber call me a car") or something else?

OriginalMrC

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
When using the Uber app with the Gear S3, do you use the watch to call Uber like the Apple watch ("Uber call me a car") or something else?

I haven't used it but from what I gather it's just a tap of the screen to order. Your watch will then keep you updated how far the driver is away etc

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I only think of my watch as a companion to my phone so I use my phone to start the Uber process then put the phone away & use my watch to monitor Uber after that.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I only think of my watch as a companion to my phone so I use my phone to start the Uber process then put the phone away & use my watch to monitor Uber after that.

I haven't ubered since getting the watch. Have you tried to put a destination in the watch? I didn't see a way to do that but didn't finalize the transaction since I didn't need a car.

Also, from what you're saying, if I order an uber on the phone, progress will show on the watch app? that's great if so. can you call the driver from the watch?

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I haven't ubered since getting the watch. Have you tried to put a destination in the watch? I didn't see a way to do that but didn't finalize the transaction since I didn't need a car.

Also, from what you're saying, if I order an uber on the phone, progress will show on the watch app? that's great if so. can you call the driver from the watch?

I can't remember about whether you can put the destination in the watch. I started everything from the phone app including putting in the destination then used my watch. The progress does show on the watch. I did not call the driver but I did text him from the watch & he call me & I answered on the watch.

just_luc

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't see the Uber app as being available. Likely because I'm in Canada .. Stupid though as Uber is available on Canada so why limit it on the watch?

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't see the Uber app as being available. Likely because I'm in Canada .. Stupid though as Uber is available on Canada so why limit it on the watch?

Interesting question so I looked up the app on the gear app store as I see it to see whether it said anything about specific countries. It didn't, so it listed a support email address.. I emailed the address to ask about your question and got the following auto reply..

Attachments

• 10503.jpg
    10503.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 48

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
It says that email does not exist and go to the Uber support page for help. I was trying to think of what country specific licensing or other issues could exist. Are you sure it's not in the gear app store?

just_luc

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It says that email does not exist and go to the Uber support page for help. I was trying to think of what country specific licensing or other issues could exist. Are you sure it's not in the gear app store?
Fairly sure.. Searching for the word Uber doesn't find it..